1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, the insulation materials are of different kind of sponge.
    That is a good idea to get the car in a ramp and do a complete check-up.
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    I took my car to FASS yesterday to check for any rodent attack. The car was put on the ramp and we checked for any hint of a rodent attack but we couldn't find any. The airfilter assy was having the same kind of sponges but they are intact. Also, the SA informed that any kind of wiring damages would have displayed a error message in the MID. So, they gave a thumps-up!

I asked them to check the brake pads as it is close to 39K Kms now since the last change. He said it is good for another 2K Kms. This is the same message I am getting from them for some time :).

And silently, the ODO has crossed the 66K mark.

66K.jpg
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Now your peace of mind will return.

Iam happy to know that the break pads lasted for close to 40k.
    I was pretty sure that the breaks would last long however was concerned about the premature wear raised by many owners.
    So I can now safely assume that the break pads wear is mostly due to the driving patten which varies from person to person, and they can last long if driven appropriately.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, exactly!

Yes, it depends on the driving style. Also, more drive on highway means less usage of brakes which stretches its life. Normally I see people changing the brake pads around 20K-25K Kms.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Bargur(TN) Drive (Bargur Textile Market):

A lazy sunday afternoon and already two weeks since we hit the highways. So, it was time to find a reason to drive.
    Some time back during a causal discussion with one of my friend, he told me that Bargur is good place to go apparel shopping. And, I had PM'ed team-bhpian motomaverick as well then based on his below post asking for more information.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3243150 (Quick Meets at Bangalore)

So, we decided to hit Bargur for some Christmas shopping.

The route is through Krishnagiri and with minimal traffic on highway we reached bargur in 1H 40M (its around 110 Kms). This includes some 10-15 Mins traffic on the Bannerghatta road.

Bargur is a small town 5 Kms Off the Krishnagiri - Chennai highway.
    This town area is very small such that it takes only a Km to cross the town area. But,its full of textile shops. The prices were on the lower side especially for branded jeans like Levis, Wrangler, Lee etc. What I hear is, these are the same stocks that are sold in Bangalore as well. But anyways, what mattered for us was the drive.

The roads are very narrow and so we had to park the car at a distance and walk to the market area.

IMG-20151208-WA0021-Optimized.jpg

A quick stop for tea during our return,
    IMG-20151208-WA0025-Optimized.jpg

During the return, the traffic was more and took some time to cross the attibele toll. Also, once we entered bannerghatta road, we had to cross some heavy traffic.

Overall, it was nice short drive.

Total Kms: 225Kms
    FE (MID): 19.8
    Avg Speed: 61
    PradeepM and sdp1975 like this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    You do find tons of reasons to drive, don't you :).
    My car is resting its heels from 2 weeks. The odo is at 14940 and the past few weeks the work load has been too heavy in the office hence was not able to take it to the service station. I had no intentions of overshooting the 15k mark tagged for the service and hence left the car parked at home.
    I am planning to take it tomorrow for the second service.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  7. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    How did the shopping go? Are the branded apparels cheap and of same quality when compared with showrooms in the city?

I am planning similar kind of drive. Both for driving and shopping!!
  8. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    @arun_joise, how do you keep those tire(s) so black. The connecting road to my home and office is 'kutcha/rural' (full of loose soil and dust and broken)and so is the open parking space in ofc, Though its only 50-100mts, but tires get covered in dust (so does the alloy).
    Any tips.

Also, I have heard, ARMY personnel use, used tea-powder (from tea) to maintain those tires black. Anyone knows, whats the method? Fruitfull
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore

Yes we do :). Luckily I get the family support as well. May be they are tuned to my style now. Lol.
    On a different note, a shopping drive within the city would have taken same amount of time with more stress to the car and frustration to passengers inside. So, this was a better choice we felt.

We were very satisfied with the shopping. I would say we saved 50% from our budget.

Yes, you get branded stuff like Levis, Wrangler, Lee, Otto, Peter England, Van Heusen etc, but not sure if they are really genuine. My friends says these are the same stock which are sold in bangalore showrooms as well.

I compared the quality and stitching of a Levis Jean which I bought with my older levis jean,but I couldn't find any difference.

We will do similar drive for future shopping as well :).

Hey, I don't do anything specific for tyres. It just two or one normal water wash per month. Rest of the days its the jopasu duster.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    That's must be for the car body...not for Tires..Right??