1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Blore - Mlore - Blore on the same day! :woot: Boy, this should be one crazy drive considering the traffic and ghats involved.
  2. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, it was a crazy drive :). This is the first time I was driving beyond Hassan and hence I was not aware about the traffic conditions at all. All I knew was a 30Kms ghat section. Also, since this was unplanned, I didn't get a chance to study the traffic conditions.

But a very nice experience and we enjoyed it.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Rain sensing wiper is not working as expected since last week. When it rains, it takes lot of time to take off and the speed is very very slow. Any one faced this before?

Is there any tuning that we can do or is it required to take assistance from FASS?
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    After few runs on the highway, the ODO has hit the 65K mark. It has taken 1 year, 9 months and 20days to hit this mark.

65K.jpg

Here is a pic in front of CCD during one of the recent drives,

20151107_160014-Optimized.jpg

Also, a marathon drive yesterday to attend couple of functions, one in Coimbatore and another one in Attur. Had to cross Salem thrice during this drive. We enjoyed a lot as the climate was cool and it was raining or drizzling throughout the drive. It was a fun drive. Had to return same day though. Total Kms covered was 892.9 Kms.

New folder1.jpg
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @arun_josie

Your are munching miles like a possessed Fiat owner and I envy that. Keep riding the beauty. Its been two years and my Punto's odd does not even read half of yours.

Was rain sensing wiper issue resolved? Whats the update?
    Masum Reza likes this.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks mate!

Looks like the rain sensing wiper has its own mind now :). It started working since last friday. Nothing changed except a car wash which was done on Friday. So, I am not really sure on what was the cause.

In Menu -> Rain Sensing Wiper option, I see level 1,2,3,4. Any idea what this option does?
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    That's a whopping 3000+ km per month .

Just a wild guess, may be its the speed. I did fiddle with this option however was not able to notice any difference though .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Even I changed it from 1 to 3 but not seeing any difference. Any ways, I will monitor this wiper issue and if it comes back then will take the car to FASS.

But once you are used to this Rain Sensing Wiper, it is difficult to live without it.

And yes, it is 3K+ per month :)
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yesterday morning, I spotted these sponges below my bonnet/engine compartment on the floor. I am wondering whether these are any sponges in the bonnet and bitten by rat. Any one faced this kind of issue? Or could it be someone sweeping this under my car.

So far I have not found any issues with the car. All working fine. Anything that I need to check specifically?

20151123_095550-Optimized.jpg

20151123_095704-Optimized.jpg
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I recall that the fire insulation is black in color in my car, however I see that most of these pieces are not black. So mostly it would not be the insulation material. Iam trying to think now what else under the hood that uses similar packing, to which I dont recall any.
    May be you can get it up the ramp at any wash center close by and do a through check with a flash light.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.