1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @arun_josie

The car looks fabulous from inside Arun. Whats the hole in the pocket using the 3M services?

I can understand the pain regarding the marks on the Linea. It has become a behavioural thing to run away from the incident as if the entire fault lies with the victim. As @Deepak said, it should be removed with a good rubbing compound, just ensure that you use a good one. Many a times using a cheap rubbing compound causes discoloration.
    arun_josie and Deepak like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @arun_joise, dont worry these things happen. The scratches doesn't look too bad. It can be removed easily.
    arun_josie likes this.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes, he just fled the spot. My brother-in-law who was in his Zest behind this moron tried chasing him, but we called him and asked not to chase as the damages were minimal and its not worth fighting with these guys.

Including the car wash, it came to 3059/-

Yes, krishna..luckily the damages were less.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Nice pics and through updates, your usual style . On the flip side I am impressed with the paint quality and of course not to mention the build which we all are well aware off, had this been another car there possibly could have been a dent and the paint would have chipped off to an extant.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    arun_josie likes this.
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks pradeep! Yes, I agree with you. For a moment, from the sound I expected a dent.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Yercaud Trip - 6 Cars:

We had a fun-filled family trip to yercaud, last week. It was with our apartment friends. 7 families, 6 cars, 14 adults and 9 kids!! The climate in yercaud was little hot during after noon. Mornings and evenings were pleasant.

Total of 19 harpin-bends and the road condition was superb. Some harpin bends are so wide that people take that as an opportunity for over taking(F1 Style).

Our stay was at TGI Star Holidays(http://www.tgihotels.com/yercaud/resort-overview/). Its a nice place to stay, especially when we are in a group. Thanks to @punto_emotion for suggesting this place.

Fuel Efficiency during this entire trip was 16.8.
    And ODO stands close to 52K

DSCN6715-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6730-Optimized.JPG

yercaud_DSCN0412-Optimized.JPG

Here is the highest FE(31.2 Kmpl) that I was able to achieve till date. I never drive for FE, as it becomes very boring, however couple of weeks back during a lazy sunday, I just let the FE number climb. Speed maintained was around 90 Kmph with AC ON. This was towards Salem, so lot of slopes/descent helped big time for this FE number. This also includes some traffic near Electronic City, Hosur and then around 5 minutes spent at the attibele toll.

FE-Optimized.jpg
  7. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    31.2 is really amazing!

I have tried many times to achieve a high mileage maintaining a speed of 80-90 in highways but have not got beyond 24kmpl in my Punto 90!
    arun_josie likes this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Arun "Just can't stop driving" should be your tag line mate :). Nice pics and a substantial answer to our FE conscious masses.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    arun_josie likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @arun_josie

Thats a stupendous mileage, what did your fill in? ATF??. Hope Fiat India uses it to advertise the Linea and get the sales number northbound.
    arun_josie likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree that loop road is fun to drive and is in very good condition. This time did a uphill drive during the night and it was quite a experience. Enjoyed the beautiful light lit view below.

Good to know that you liked the stay and had a good time.
    arun_josie likes this.