1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unexpected love affair with an Italian beauty: Fiat Linea MJD. EDIT: 100,000 km up!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by arun_josie, Jun 17, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    So many milestone at one go! :bored::pompous:
    Kudos @arun_josie ! Linea playing its part perfectly.
    arun_josie likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Folks just realized that Arun is covering close to half the distance what the other adventurous family is covering in their drive to Paris.
    Arun you and your car are true testimonials of what FIAT is all about, Amazing mate and hats off to the spirit of you and your family. Have fun.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    7618 Kms, it is. Here is a photographic summary of this road trip:
    The travelogue to follow soon.

Collages_crop.jpg

Thank you, Pradeep. the car and my family gave me equal support on this roadtrip.

In one of those days, it was 1300 Kms in 21 hours. From Shridi to Salem(Via Pune, Bangalore).
  4. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thats great @arun_josie would like to see you clocking more milestones with your italian beauty. I have clocked 102000 milestone yesterday from 2009 december to 2015 may.
    Will upload the pic of my milestone.:)
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @arun_josie

One word man, AWESOME.

Good to see you are clocking miles like a possessed man. You are lucky man to get full support and cooperation from your family.

Keep the mile crunching and drive safely.
    asimpleson and arun_josie like this.
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Here is the link to the travelogue of our Nainital/Kausani/Kanyakumari trip,
    https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/su...arakhand-kanyakumari-bangalore-7618kms.14286/

Cross posting some information here,

Some numbers captured during the trip:

Num1.jpg

Num2.jpg

Now about the machine used for this drive:

• Despite such a long trip, trust me, we never felt tired. And, this was one reason that we were able to do 1293Kms(21H 30M) on the 12th day of this trip.
    • We took it across all kind of roads and it performed to perfection.
    • Being summer, the temperature was hottest especially in GJ, RJ, UP, MP but, we felt the temperature only when we were out of the car. The AC cooling was superb. Mostly, the temperature was set between 21-24 degrees.
    • Michelin 3ST was silent and very comfy compared to the hard Good Years I had earlier.
    • No punctures.
    • Something that I was very surprised was, the air pressure got reduced by only one point at the end of the journey.
    • Happy with the overall FE as well.
    • High ground clearance helped in some of the really bad stretches.
    Dislikes:
    • Once in a while, the iPod was not getting detected, and we had to restart the car to resolve this issue. Not sure why.
    • Wind noise on the highways
    Checks done during this drive:
    • I felt a slight left pull on the second day(on some roads), hence we did a Wheel Alignment/Wheel Balancing in Udaipur. This was just to make sure that there were no issues.
    • Brake pad check and outer body wash in Jaipur.
    • Since the trip got extended due to last minute plan change and since there was a FASS very close to the hotel where we stayed in Salem, we did a quick check-up.
    Maybe, if I was not with my family, I would have ignored both the FASS visits.

Hit the 47K mark,

47K.jpg

48K.jpg

Brake pad after around 21K Kms since the last change,

47K-Optimized.jpg

47K_2-Optimized.jpg
  7. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Really superb!...

Drive Safe & Enjoy your Drive.
    arun_josie likes this.
  8. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    And the 50K milestone is up in 1 year 4 months and 8 days (493 days).

50K-Optimized.jpg

Interior Cleaning at 3M Koramangala:
    With 2 kids, maintaining a beige interior is going to be difficult always, especially on the long drives when lot of junk food goes around. My younger one always makes sure to wipe his hand on the seat. With no interior cleaning done till date, apart from me dusting it once in a while, I decided to take my car to 3M for a proper interior cleaning. After discussing with few friends, I took it to 3M Koramangala. I didn't opt for any exterior packages though, just the normal wash + interior cleaning (Germ Kleen). They did a good job. Here are few pics,

20150604_112349-Optimized.jpg
    20150604_114324-Optimized.jpg

DSCN6657-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6661-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6662-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6663-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6665-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6666-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6668-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6670-Optimized.JPG

DSCN6674-Optimized.JPG

It rained heavily as soon as I came out of the 3M store. This trend is very consistent for me these days, I wash the car either myself or at any store and it will rain the same day.

20150604_130522-Optimized.jpg

Apart from interior cleaning, nothing much to report.

Here are few graphs with FE numbers till date.

City Only:

FE1.JPG

City & Highway:

FE2.JPG

Highway Only:

FE3.JPG

And, an idiot in an indica side-swiped me unnecessarily. This happened on a 2L road, he was trying to overtake 3 cars in one go with a bus coming on the opposite lane, once he knew he can't overtake he tried to enter behind me and swiped my sides. The sound was quite loud and so I was worried, but luckily the damages were minimal. When I tried to stop that guy,he just fled the spot without stopping.

20150608_072959-Optimized.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Nice log similar to a fairy tale till it came to this bit!! Seriously he did not care to stop also? Anyways what to expect from such morons. Anyways damage is luckily minimal, should be fixed easily.
    arun_josie likes this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    those marks can be removed with rubbing compound. cab guys @blore are reckless these days. They find space where there is no space and zip through:banghead:
    arun_josie likes this.