1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Uneven wear in back right tyre. back wheels' toe out of limits??

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by limraj, Dec 22, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Update 18 Jan 2014.

Have been to Mohandas Motors to install shims in the rear wheel. They have brought the toe within acceptable limits.
    Now the car handles better.

OT: However, I had to really fight to get this done today. The SA initially told me "will not be completed today". He even confirmed this with another guy over the phone.
    I got irritated and went directly to the works manager and explained to him that I was coming there for the third time. He offered to put a dedicated technician, which remained only as an offer. After 4-5 hours I saw nothing going on, I raised the issue again, now with GM for service and also send a mail to Fiat service with Mohandas motors CEO in Cc. Things started moving from then on. I got the car delivered at 5PM, which reached their garage at 9:45am (ie, 7+hrs for a 2 hrs job). One good thing is that they did it in warranty. They even had my name on the board showing booked services. But, I spent my day there.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pvnaraya

pvnaraya

Chennai
    Whether the Shims replacement will be done in Extended warranty !!! My car has run around 40+ kms and I am facing issue wrt Rear Toe not in limits !!!!
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I do not know if it is covered in extended warranty.
    Please check with SA or go through extended warranty booklet.
  4. vinodvisha

vinodvisha Novizio

Bangalore
    Finally, I got the rear toe corrected during my third free service which costed me 350+taxes @ Vecto Motors, Bangalore. Since balancing and rotation was free in the third service, I have my car completely aligned now. :)
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    How did they fix it? Did they use shims?
    3rd free service.. 30,000 Kms? Is tyre rotation and balancing are free for all?
    I am going to 30K service next week to Mohandas Fiat, Trivandrum. I could also avail that..
  6. vinodvisha

vinodvisha Novizio

Bangalore
    Yes. They used shims to correct the readings.
    It was the 30000kms service and tyre rotation and balancing was free.
  7. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

Uneven tyre could also becasue of low/ high tyre pressures. I think if the tyre pressure is higher than the specified, then surface on the inside wear out quickly than the outside and vice-versa.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I used to check air once a week, regularly from the same pump. Set 36psi front and 33 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys,

In keeping with the topic of the thread I have one tyre whose side has been completely worn out due to bad camber and another tyre which I'm using with a tube as it had a sidewall puncture. The rest of the tyres are fine with about 30-35% life left

Now, should I opt for all 4 new tyres or only 2. Please convince me for only 2 as I don't want to splurge on 4 at the moment :p
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I replaced 2 tyres at one go and remaining 2 after 5k kms. It was not a planned replacement but had to adopt this strategy due to a side wall cut. But, in the end felt this makes pinch on one's pocket lighter. Planning my next replace also in phased manner. Its much better than taking @20k hit on the purse at one go :p
    gurjinder likes this.