1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Uneven wear in back right tyre. back wheels' toe out of limits??

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by limraj, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Limraj,these are our Punto's right rear tyre toe wear out.

DSC08054.jpg

DSC08055.jpg

DSC08058.jpg
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    They look kind of normal to me. May be I am seeing only photos.
    Can you post toe values?
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    But they dont look normal to me,i dont have toe values bro.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I took Linea to FASS today. They checked the alignment and toe values of the back tyre and said toe can only be corrected by 'shimming' and they need to order shims for it. It will take 2 weeks for the order to be delivered. I've to wait 2 more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune

Could you please explains as to what shimming is and how does that correct the toe-in?
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I too do not know. Info I gathered is from the SA and I confirm it is vague.
    Need experienced/experts to comment.
  7. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    maybe following two links help out regarding shimming
    Novexa - Tires - Shimming and adjustment
    and
    Shim for rear wheel alignment- advice please | PriusChat

But somehow, recently I'm loosing faith from FASS regarding wheel balancing and alignment. From past 2 months I was getting huge wobble on my car, be it in 20kmph or 80kmph, in high speed just the frequency increases. As a matter of fact I gave my car to FASS for the same. They took the whole day, and came up reporting me that my all tyre rims are having bend. I was shocked, it's true that Bangalore roads are only for tractors (specially near Whitefield). I was repeatedly asking the SA about how could four tyre rims get bend, where I'm not a rash driver? According to them there are too much pot-holes in the road to create this much to all the tires... I was totally sure that all tyre rims can't bend. So I tried other wheel balancing service providers like Tyre Empire and Madhus, explained the total situation, they both checked throughly all the five tires. Found both the rare tires were having bulge on the tire surface, and there was not a single bend on any of my tire rims... The right rate tire was having huge bulge which was giving the wobble... In both stores it was informed to me that 90% of J K Tyres are having this problems. It only gets worse after 10k run ...

Now after Fiat got detached from Tata I sometime fell it's good that we are now in good hands. But how long I'm not sure, when your trusted once bluffs and misguide you...

It also seems that the SA really thinks all the car users are fool?

They can explain anything they like ....
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I think the last post of this link is detailed on shims.
    Rear Alignment Shim Question

On alignment at FASS, with my previous bad experience, I am doing alignment outside FASS. FASS may not get time to do alignment for all the 30-40 cars they service everyday. This info is received by an alignment guy who previously worked at authorized service centre.

This PPT file I got from the net clearly explains all you need to know on wheel alignment.
    Wheel alignment Powerpoint File
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  9. vinodvisha

vinodvisha Novizio

Bangalore
    So, did anyone get the rear toe corrected in their cars? I too am facing the same issue. The toe reading for both the rear wheels are out of limits due to which there is an uneven wear on the tyres.
    Yet to visit the FASS since the third service is pending in a month or so. Do I need to visit FASS earlier and let them know about this issue so that they can procure the required parts (shims, etc)?
    If anyone has got them corrected in Vecto (Blore), please let me know.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Yea, I guess it's better to let them evaluate the car first and order appropriate shims or other parts.
    Mohandas Motors, Trivandrum has ordered shims for my Linea's back wheels and they have reached. I'm taking Linea this Saturday to the workshop.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014