1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Uneven wear in back right tyre. back wheels' toe out of limits??

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by limraj, Dec 22, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Dear TFIans,

Un-even wear is noticed on back right tyre of my Linea MJD. Other 3 tyres are wearing normally. The wheel balancing shop guy says back wheel's toe is out of reasonable limits and they should be corrected at FASS.

Story in brief:
    I did wheel balancing, rotation and alignment for the first time as part of 15,000 km service at FASS (Hyson Cochin). But, after that the car was pulling towards one side (left I guess, don't remember correctly). They in fact did the work, but did not test it if it was correct. I informed them of the problem, they offered to correct it if I would take the car again to their workshop. But, since I work 200 kms away from them, I had got balancing, rotation and alignment re-done at a shop (The Hot Wheels, NH Bypass, Kulathoor) near by office (Technopark, Trivandrum). They had to make multiple iterations of rotation to negate the pulling. Finally, the stepney tyre had to be at front left. The km reading was 15909 then. Recently, I had noticed that I was not getting the grip I used to get and the back tyres would kind of drift, I saw that the back tyre is un-evenly worn. I took the car again to Hot Wheels and re-done the balancing and alignment (at 22383km). It is now they have mentioned that the toe of back tyre is outside limits and it can only be corrected at FASS. Now there is a slight pulling towards left and they say it should be corrected only by correcting the toe at the back.
    I will post the un-even worn tyre and alignment balancing printouts from my mobile.

Please help me to know:
    Is it really due to toe issue?
    If so, can I get it fixed at FASS?
    The Hot Wheels guy was mentioning that it could be a problem of some 'bush' or issue with 'X-frame', both of which should be corrected/replaced at FASS in Warranty.

Thanks.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    pe3e2y4y.jpg
    The uneven worn tyre (outside worn more than inside).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    8enajeru.jpg
    The Toe of the back wheels' out of limits.

4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Alignment report at 15000km - Hyson motors, Cochin nagype9a.jpg

5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Alignment report at 15909km - the Hot wheels u2uny2yr.jpg

6. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Hello Limraj,

I am facing a similar issue, the car always pulled to the left until recently I got the alignment and balancing done.
    My cars tires are now rotated. They all have worn out more on the outside as compared to the inside.
    The guy told me to get the toe corrected for the rear wheel, which can be done only at FASS, as there are no adjustments for the rear wheel.

I am yet to go to FASS and get the issue sorted.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Alignment report at 22373, the most recent, at the hot wheels.
    use2aryn.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

We are in the same boat. Hope to see the shore soon. Please share your experience through FASS. I plan to visit them later the week, hopefully.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Limraj,this is also the problem with our Punto's right rear left tyre's.There is uneven wear in back rear right tyre from outside & not from inside same as your case.Left rear tyre's wear from outside is not that much as its on right rear tyre.Should get it checked it checked at FASS
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nadeem,
    Can you post your punto's rear toe values ?
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I will post Punto's rear toe values by tomo morning as its night & dark now,so pic wont be clear & you cant see the toe values correctly