1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Understanding the MID warnings?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Even I was under the impression that even for fogs & headlights the error would pop up in the mid. One simple way to check is take out a headlight bulb & switch it ON. I think if both the Filaments of the headlight bulb breaks it would show a warning.
  2. Guys, I think the system checks the status of these lights by just measuring the resistance across the terminals just before the fuse box. If the resistance is within limits, it takes it as OK. If the resistance is infinite(Open circuit as is the case with blown bulbs, blown fuses and disconnected wiring), it gives out a warning. There are separate fuses for different lamps, and the warning depends on which one the MID gets an Open circuit.
  3. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Hi , can anyone please help. My Linea t-jet MID went blank after the Odo started flashing for some time.I had a battery removal just the day before and after refitting the battery,everything was fine for some time. The ASC guy advised me to disconnect the -ve battery,wait for 15 minutes and reconnect for a try.But that did not help. Is there any other short cut I can try before driving to the ASC ?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I don't understand why everyone keeps recommending disconnection of battery for all issues, as if our cars are manufactured by Microsoft :D.

From you post, I assume that the car is still driveable and other lights are coming on when you turn the key to MAR. Please check fuse 53, should be rated 7.5 amps, in the fuse box beneath the steering wheel. If that is fine, drive to the FASS.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    How old is your battery. Odo blinking and MID going blank for a few seconds are some of the last stage symptoms one gets when the battery is dying. Are you able to start the car in a single attempt?
  6. venka

venka BANNED

LOL , they have tied up MS for Blue n Me :evilsmile . May be tats the reason, Rajan.
  7. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Rajan, Thanks. You are absolutely right in the assumptions. I shall revert with the latest situation .
  8. PathFindeR

PathFindeR Novizio

Bengaluru
    View attachment 49042

Thanks for the Manual..
    Recently got this symbol and i am still wondering Why as all the above seems to be working fine.. :?

Fiat Service Station does not have the answer :confused:
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Did it just come on and go off after a few seconds, or does it stay on all the time?

Rajan
  10. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    It gives error for headlight. As when i changed to projector, we had to put in error correction module for each headlight bulb after changing to HID
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013