1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Understanding the MID warnings?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by theblack, Jul 29, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

A few weeks back my right fog lamp went bust and i was hoping to see an MID warning stating that my fog lamp had reached EOL but it didn't happen at all.
    I only go to know of my fog lamp's death when i got down and actually checked it.
    Secondly, A few weeks back(again!!) i attempted a DIY at changing my headlamps and i guess i might have pulled the parking light a bit too much or something and it stopped working.
    After all the fitment i fired up the battery and immediately MID started to show me a 'Check right sidelight' warning .
    I was surprised because i am 100% sure that the bulb had not died and that's when i realized that may be i did something wrong while putting it back but i'm living with this warning till my next service and will get it rectified then.

BUT, here are my questions.
    1.) why did the MID not throw a warning when my fog lamp died?
    2.) why did it show me a warning though the sidelight (as i know) is working fine?
    3.) what are the parameters to be fulfilled for the MID to throw a warning?
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

AFAIK, MID warnings is for parking lights/rear number plate lights only.
    Headlights and front fogs arent covered in the warning.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Nopes. The Punto's MID warns even for a bust parking lamp, along with the side. (LH, RH)
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Thats what i said,parking lights,and not for headlamps and front fog lamps :)
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Oopsy. Didnt notice that. Sorry. :D
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Surely the MID warns as i experienced when my RH Headlamp was broken
  7. Broken?? Can you please elaborate?
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

This is what the manual says:

External Light Failure.JPG

No mention of Headlamp/Foglights. I think Akshay is right.

@TheBlack - In your case, it could be due to interruption of Electrical Current, I guess
    @Surya - I guess your paking light also conked off when the Headlamp broke, leading to the warning.

4 people like this.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    it was during the first week of my purchase that one night some cabbie or some vehicle had hit my front RH headlamp may be while taking reverse, headlamp was severely damaged i had to replace the whole assembly at that time.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Errr how is it related to MID warning?