1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Underbody Treatment (Anti Rust Treatment)

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by santosh, Nov 23, 2010.

1. santosh

santosh

Mumbai
    Hi,

Is it good idea to go for underbody treament? or Does Grande Punto comes with good underbody protection ? After market treatment is not needed if Fiat provides good protection.

I am going to get new car within a week time. I live in Mumbai.

Thanks a lot
    Santosh
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For mumbai's weather, I think it is good have it done.
  3. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    Fiat gives a wax coating to all its cars from the factory. does not cover other parts from rusting.
    but getting the anti rust treatment done assures you of the other benefits the treatment offers for a longer period of ownership to other parts as well.

Its not a big price to pay for the benefits.. get it done.. ::T
  4. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    I would recommend for it as you live in a coastal area.
  5. sunnyside

sunnyside

Ahmedabad
    One question to guys who have done under body coating, is it just paint or a tar like material?? Can anyone please post a pic?

Also does under body coating provide any sound insulation?? I'm planning to get underbody coating primarily for sound insulation and secondarily for rust.
  6. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    i had done the underbody anti rust treatment by fiat, and guess what after 2 months its all gone.. !!
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    well at the washing station m getting my car diesel sprayed at bottom at every month ..
    i think this should help ..
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    My i10 3M underbody treatment is a tar like thing. I m also planning to get it done for my Punto by 1st service. I did not feel any difference with sound insulation (mainly tyre noise).
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    New Cars always come with a factory Underbody protection... so its CON-JOB of getting Underbody Sprayed and shelling hard earned Rs 2000-2500 for brand new cars... I fell for it and totally not necessary if you arent staying in a costal belt or city...

I remember reading on the warranty / owners manual that paint and body is covered for bubbles / rust.. & company would do all it can to replace or correct the issue during the warranty period.. (I think this comes under defect from workmaship category & an option to fight legally if the manufacturer or ASA doesn't comply)

All vehicle washers spray diesel after the wash to give the temp rust protection.... i used to wonder as a child why they would do that when I saw our Driver used to get that done when the Mahindra Jeep got power washed once in 2 months...

So i believe it helps answer the query...in short.. stay away if you are not in coastal area.. cheers
  10. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    hi,guys i bought my car a month ago and i reside in kolkata. I was thinking about doing an underbody from 3m but after reading the disscussion here i am confused whether top go for it or not. Plz advise. :anyone