1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Underbody & Paint Treatment

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by atulalvenkar, Dec 11, 2010.

1. I had gone to TASS for general check-up of my linea since a long trip is coming up. I saw adverts of Wurth providing Underbody and paint treatments at 40% off till 31st Dec. Underbody treatment is for 1260/- and Paint treatment is for 1250/- . I have asked for underbody treatment for now, will update this thread when i get back my car.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Please do post the pics and how does it looks like after the treatment. I have been planning for this for quite some time
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

FIAT applies Rubber Paint to underbody while manufacturing the car then what is necessary to do underbody & Paint treatment ?

Factory Anti-Rust treatment lasts upto 9-10 years if you live away from Coastal Area.

Underbody & Paint Treatment is necessary for those car who travells in cities situated at Sea-Shore only.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I recently got the underbody treatment from 3M, which costed me 2k INR.. however there was an offer by 3M to get the engine bay sprayed with a kind of chemical which will keep the hoses, plastics etc in perfect shape for next 1-2 years.... they showed me another punto and the engine bay.. it looked amazing... the plastic parts & hoses looked as though they were fitted like 2 minutes back.. fresh and clean...

As someone mentioned above, the fiat cars come with rubber paint coating... but if you look at it (mine is a new one) some parts of this paint is not applied evenly thus, better to spend 2k and get it done initially so that it doesnt have any rusting etc later....

Read : http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1360
  5. thyagu2_2006

thyagu2_2006

Chennai
    Not worth it. All FIAT cars comes with proper anti rust treatment and will last a life time. Only advisable if live close to sea shore and do after 3 or 4 years.