1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Underbody Noise:- Lower arm ball joint ,suspension.

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Ganges, Mar 4, 2013.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I have a similar noise from the underbody. Only occurs when both front tyres go over a dip in the road at 35+ kph. TASS has no clue what it is :(.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

when i wrote the previous comment.. when ever car went over speed brakers or uneve roads.. i noticed a sound.. and when i stopped and checked the tries..and when i kicked the right front tires.. they made a tingling sound.. like a metal rubbing another metal kinda noise. But a day later i did't face any noise when passing over speed breakers but still hear the noise on kicking

- - - Merged Post - - -

My car is giving me a lot of worries these days..

a multitude of problems..

1)Do't ask me how.. after reaching home from a long trip, with out switching the ignition off , got out to unloads baggage.. i find the cars has locked me out.. to add to the joy.. called fiat help line and they were't able to help nor find a mechanic to help unlock.
    i had to do it myself (with a help of a mechanic over the phone)and believe me..now i cant unlock the driver side with the key.
    it ain't difficult to open a fiat. till then i thought fiat cars are hard to break in.
    auto locking and unlocking happens when the remote key is faulty.. try to get it replace d under warranty.. time frame 2years from date of purchase.

2)Got the clutch replaced at 38000km and cost 9k

3) when ever i release the clutch and accelerate. i hear the metal noise. (covered 4000k after clutch change)

4) Possibly have to replace the lower arm ball joint
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Hi thomman85
    In my opinion,
    that tingling noise on kicking the right front tyre in there in my Punto too. When I showed it to FASS; the technician put his hand into the gap in the alloy wheel and further towards the back of the brake assembly (brake pads/caliper). there is a metal covering on the inner side of the brake assembly which he grabbed with his hand. Then he told me to kick the tyres and that sound did not generate. So it is the metal plate covering which keeps hitting the brake assembly. I left it for next FASS visit to get it solved.

The Tap-Tap noise that you are facing has certainly nothing to do with this tingling noise. I have that too in my car. It could be more like what fellow TFIans have posted in Khat-Khat noise thread. Changed left front strut, both link rods, left swing arm, both strut pads but that noise still occurs. Only things remain to be changed are right swing arm and right strut. Pending items for next visit. All of it in warranty. That khat-khat noise comes when climbing down a speed breaker, then smooth roads like apartment parking when I rotate the steering wheel.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Same is happening with me as well. Pls make a note of resolution.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I faced something similar noise.It was some metal noise and more audible when car hits a pothole or speed breaker.The noise increased and it was diagnosed the problem with rack .The noise disappeared after the rack was changed under EW.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have anyone changed the lower arm bushing? Want the spare part number.in my case the right hand side lower arm bushing got damaged there is small movement underbody between the joints.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  7. You will have change the while lower arm.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,
    You mean the whole lower arm should be changed?

9. Yes but, bushes are available in 99RPM.
    You will have cut the rivits and put bolts but i am not convinced about the whole process.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Sat.
    I will place the order, also pending with C mount from long time have to get done this as well. Will ask Pankaj about Centre engine mount part.