1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Underbody damage claimed under Insurance

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Turbothinghy, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone. This was long pending from my end, but now that TFI is getting closed, thought of sharing it asap.

In Dec 2015 when I was returning from Hyderabad to Pune at night I met with an underbody accident where I ran over a big stone present at the centre of the road. As soon as I ran over the stone, I heard a loud thud from the underbody region. I drove for half a kilometre after it, thinking it might have been done on purpose. My 90 HP was now sounding like a Ferrari and I thought the silencer might would have got damaged. I pulled to left side just to check whether the oil was leaking or not. But thankfully it wasn't. Here the underbody protection came into play which cars like Baleno are devoid of. So I thanked my stars and continued with my journey as I was another 100 kms away from Pune and it was already 1 in the night.

After reaching Pune, next morning I went to Jay Vijay Fiat and asked them to look at it. Went again in the evening, after getting a call from Rizwan, who takes care of the body shop work. There I saw that the underbody had taken a lot of hit and there were dents and he asked me to go with insurance as a lot of parts like the Cross Rail had to be changed. So I went ahead with it and I got my car back in another 6 days. My insurance was with FG, and they were super fast in their procedures starting from their survey till the claim settlement.

Attaching the invoice for everyone's information. The total bill was Rs 30k+ but as I was having only the comprehensive insurance policy I wasn't sure how much would I have to pay. Thankfully the damage was only Rs 2600, maybe because there weren't any plastics involved.

What I learnt:
    1)Avoid night driving as far as possible.
    2) FG is great with its claims, so I got it renewed with them only.
    3) Go for Zero-dep policy which I adhered to this time.
    4) Jay Vijay isn't that bad either. They did a respectable job.
    5) The higher GC, that started post 2011 is very practical for Indian roads. ( I was earlier thinking of getting the old GC installed for better ride and handling)
    6) Last but not the least, Fiat's make one of the safest cars and I am proud of my Fiat :p

IMG_20151222_180211000.jpg

IMG_20151222_180202670.jpg

IMG_20160430_013405149.jpg
    PradeepM, asimpleson, Deepak and 2 others like this.
  2. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Good to see your car back in pristine condition and glad to see positive feedback on Jay Vijay.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    What I have felt is that you need to have some patience with JV to get the work done. Till now, touchwood I haven't had a bad experience per se.
    jackharrisw and nikhil0405 like this.
  4. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    True. They are slow but do a good job. All SA's and technicians there are courteous.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rahul,
    The statement sums it all. Good to hear that you had a great experience with FG.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I went with what you said when we were comparing FG with RS, that whenever you went with RS, you always had an accidental claim :D
    ghodlur likes this.