1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Uncontrolled Acceleration: Linea T Jet

Discussion in 'Technical' started by bandoo, Nov 15, 2014.

1. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Dear Members,

Went through a chilling experience today morning ..

The day started as usual, with lot of over night rain , started off to office around 0800 hrs.

The vehicle went through some water splashing due to heavy rain .

After about 3 kilometers, My Linea started accelerating automatically..

Fortunately road was empty, I was driving alone, and alone in car, and I took it on the curb and rested the engine.

After gathering some courage, again started Engine, the same symptom, the RPM shooted 5000 + in no time.. Surprising after I pressed the Clutch the rpm dropped and release of clutch rpm went up.

Called Fiat Road Side assistance, and they promptly took all details and assured road side assistance.

By this time, some 20 minutes have elapsed,and again tried making engine up.

This time, there was no issue, the RPM meter shows stable 1000 .. My office was close by ..so took risk to traveling 2 Km .. and reached safely.

Called Fiat Road side assistance and rescheduled Towing pickup to 1100 hrs.

At this hour, I am scared on what happened..

. and I wish someone to analyse this problem to root.. to have a psychological peace..

Thanking you,

Bandoo
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 15, 2014 ---
    READ THE HEADING AS "UNCONTROLLED ACCELERATION"
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Are you using floor mats ? Maybe the accelerator pedal got stuck under the mat ? Has happened to me a couple of times..
  3. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Dear Parantap Chatterjee,

Thanks for the inputs..

Sincerely, there are no mats which can get entangled..

By the way, I have delivered the car to Pandit Automotive, and awaiting their findings.

Thanks for Fiat Road Side Assistance , for the timely help and service..

Bandoo

To Moderators:
    During writing of this post, I was not in a good frame of mind.. there are spelling mistakes in the heading text.. Kindly change the heading of this message to "Uncontrolled Acceleration : Linea T Jet"
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @bandoo

No need to panic. Yes it could have been an issue in heavy traffic I do agree. When engine was in idle running, did the rpm shoot suddenly without applying accelerator? If so then somewhere the accelerator sensing is malfunctioning. Might be due to some foreign material blocking or interfering with pedal mechanism such as mats. But you have cleared that off. The other cause may be the faulty throttle control from the BCM/ECU which needs to be diagnozed if giving wrong output to throttle valve to open wider than required.

Do let us know what Fiat's diagnosis is.
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.
  5. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Dear Ghodlur,

When engine was in idle running, did the rpm shoot suddenly without applying accelerator?

Yes, it sent rpm needle swing past 5000 mark, and only way to bring rpm down is put engine off.

Later, I realised, that when you apply clutch RPM used to come down and again goes up when clutch is being released.

To repeat the sequence: When you start Engine, ( no clutch pressed) => rpm shoots up => turnoff engine

When you start Engine, ( no clutch pressed) => rpm shoots up => Press Clutch
    => rpm goes down = > release clutch => RPM goes up
    => turn off engine

Yet to hear from Pandit Automotive, called them once, Linea still on the bay.

Thanking you,
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Collected Linea from Pandit Auto today evening.

The problem informed by Service Associate : " RPM Sensor loose contact"

The Service and support was very good.

Thanking you,

bandoo
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @bandoo Good to see that root cause of your problem was found. Indeed Pandit is good in terms of providing service. BTW off track, my issue with USB player (Player used to reset on applying of horn) has been finally resolved by Pandit folks. Extremely happy today :cool:
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @bandoo

Good to know that the problem was detected and resolved. But what caused the RPM sensor contact to go loose, any gyaan from Fiat in this regards? What is the long term solution for this?
  9. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Dear Ghodlur,

The information on symptom is one line. "RPM Sensor loose contact"

If Pandit Auto can share the log of the Engine Scanning, it would reveal more details.. Since you are well connected, they may oblige..

Thanking you,

bandoo
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Does a loose contact like RPM sensor show on FIAT Examiner/Scanner? Can somebody verify the same. Also did Pandit do that scanning part or they treated this issue just listening to the symptoms, any idea?