1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

unavailability of punto mjd in chennai and pondycherry.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by jayakrishnakola, Dec 16, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    recently i some how managed to throw some light into my family members who were purchasing new hatches. one wanted a ritz and the other just wanted a diesel 6 lakh hatch.

now both of them want one punto dynamic and a punto emotion each. but there is no stock near chennai or pondycherry.

what shall i do now????? i have called up every dealer in chennai and found out. there is no punto available.....
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You may have to wait till Jan'2012 for the updated model.
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

but then the rates would be very high. i dont think people who would want to go for something in the range of 6-6.5lakhs would not come anywhere close to a punto.

hope fiat starts the production of palio2012
  4. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I get a feeling fiat might not produce Palio stile in 2012. it is taken off from Fiat's official india site as well.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    90hp is available in "manakular motors" pondicherry. I can help you out, if your relatives are willing to take punto MJD/90hp from pondicherry.

Did you check with VST chennai???
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No MJD Punto's available with VST, Chennai.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    If Fiat is planning a comeback in a big way then it shall have to price aggressively. Fiat has already done 1 correct thing (as per rumours) by plonking features of the higher variant in the lower variant. Now if Fiat is able to keep the price of the existing variants the same (or increase by 1%-2%) then Fiat is all set to do a Figo with the Punto i.e. achieve better sales. Diesels sell, and when priced aggresively with 0 waiting then Fiat should be able to achieve what other manufacturers have achieved. In such a case there should not be much of difference between existing discounts and the on-road price of the facelift

No harm in waiting for 3rd January for the launch and see the pricing strategy.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  8. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    not the palio stile.
    its palio 2012

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

90 hp is way out of their budget

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

yes vst was the first dealer who made me panic in the first place and then i contacted the other dealers.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

i guess thats what we have to do now. fingers crossed- hopping for the best
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think the pricing will be agressive. With other manufacturers raising the prices due to depriciating rupee and rising input costs, Fiat is no exception. They won't have any much of the option. What I heard is that there won't be much of discounts from 2012.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Do you want to buy the car only from Chennai/Pondy? Why don't you try with other dealers in TN? Coimbatore/Salem/Trichy?
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    my sister stays in chennai. its for her.

the other car is for a family friend( who stays in chitoor and wants a pondy registration)
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011