1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unable to open my Grande Punto with Manual Key !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by karthik_r, Jun 18, 2014.

1. karthik_r

karthik_r Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello All,

Hope everyone are doing great !!! My remote key is not working very smoothly. some times it opens for the first time but some times its not the case , I need to keep pressing the open/close button from my remote continuously to get it working.I took this problem to CAI service center in Coimbatore and the told me that they have tried new batteries and it was the same and so they advised me to change the remote key which would cost me more. ( I bought this from a friend of mine who had given me all the documents regarding the car but he has no idea about the Key Code ) .Now I dont have a key code with me to change the remote key. Please help how can I get the key code ? or is there any solution to solve the remote key issue.

Now comes the second important problem!!! If at some point if my remote key is dead , i just tried to to make sure my manual key in the driver side handle works but it also wont work . The key just goes clockwise and anti clockwise but no action performed. I performed the same in the dicky backside and it works perfectly. I was little happy in the worst case scenario , I can get into the car from back :).... Guys please help me how do I fix these issues and how much it would cost ? or do you suggest any other solution !!!!!
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    To me more than key its looks like issue with lock actuators, which are not working smoothly, hence it requires multiple times to get the lock opened up. Try opening with key a multiple times, it might open up when it gets correct contacts.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    First things first. Get the door locks repaired. It seems the key slot must have gone bad. Secondly your remote might be malfunctioning due to the stiff rubber cover on the buttons. Either you replace the entire case or you simply pop open the rubber cover and clean the button contacts. Pls go through the forum for more details on the same as some TFIians have already attempted that and are successful too.

Regarding the Key code, write to Fiat providing the car details with history of purchases and you might get hold of the key code.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As gudulur said it could be the stiff rubber buttons eventually bulges out as it ages.This may prevent the remotekey to be operational at times. My advice is to first change the batteries by yourself by visiting some watch showrooms and if it doesnt work out,replace the remote button batteries.Do visit the link below
    Fiat | Product Categories | Flip Keys
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Vishnu,

A sincere request, please dont twist my handle so much:sadblue. I prefer to be called Girish instead then.

Mods - Sorry for going OT.
  6. vishnuramachandran

vishnuramachandran Novizio

Calicut
    Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3

Iam extremely sorry Girish.I never meant to do that.i was out of my mind.:A.
    1 person likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very sad that you had to go to the Fiat A.S.S soon after your purchase.
    Think you will have to change the lock like someone said.
    Make sure after the change and check if the door shuts with the same thud,in my case it never did.

Mods, where is the thread for checking spares cost.
    Today I was charged 3530 rs for the clutch slave cylinder and am quoted 25 k for clutch assembly kit and timing chain which am getting done tomorrow.Thought it was too expensive for a c segment car.
    Sorry for hijacking your thread
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Clutch kit was rs. 2600 exactly one year back, CSC was 1500 or so. Add labor charges to this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, even I knew from Raviji's bill that clutch kit costs around 2.2 k( 6 months back) am quoted 12k today.
    I paid Rs.3530 for csc today.
    Has Fiat increased price off late or am I being taken for a ride.
    Spare cost is huge.