1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Unable to change flat tyre

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by shobhit, Feb 4, 2015.

1. shobhit

shobhit Timido

Noida, UP
    It's the first puncture in my punto, and I am unable to replace the tyre. I have opened the all the 4 bolts, but the wheel is not coming out. I am trying pulling the wheel but to no avail. Any idea about that?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Might be a silly question ;- Have you placed the Jack ?
    Is it Alloy or steel ? if its steel you need to hit left and right of the tire to make it loosen and later pull it out.
    Check if there is any video on You Tube.
  3. shobhit

shobhit Timido

Noida, UP
    Ha ha!! Of course the jack is in place. It is steel. I shall try hitting left and right, it seem to be jammed.
    Ganges likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Safety First.

While hitting ensure the Jack is properly placed,place the spare tire under running board for safety purpose.

All the Best.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Go carefully with the hitting. :eek:

A generous dose of WD40 may help in this case.
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your Inside Wheel/hub has rusted and that's jammed the wheel.
    The only way to remove this is by either kicking from the inside of the wheel or by hammer the inside tire outward.

Once you have removed the wheel, be sure you have sprayed a lot of WD-40 both on the Wheel and the Hub and even think of doing a touch up paint for the rim from inside and if it's on the rear, on the Drum shoe cover.
  7. shobhit

shobhit Timido

Noida, UP
    Thanx guys.. The inside wheel was badly rusted. 2 kicks from left and right were enough.. :)
    Ganges and Anup like this.