1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Uconnect to replace Blue & Me in Fiat Future Cars

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Viny, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Uconnect is new platform built to provide a lot more computerized features in car, a lot of digitalization and getting connectivity.
    Its a step on Blue & Me and uses Touch Sensivity, Wifi, Hotspots etc.

The feature sets and its upgradability shows a bright future ahead, its already in many of the FIAT related company products like Chrysler, Jeep etc.

Read more at Chrysler Uconnect
    Fiat specific Uconnect® | Find the right Uconnect system for your Fiat Vehicle

Enjoy and share your views
    1 person likes this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Retrofit-able ?? Then I will be very interested. :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

If there is a financer available for R&D, Retrofit can be made :D
    Noting is impossible :)
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK Buddy. I will put the thought of getting this on hold and start researching in all earnest.

Rajan
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

If you are trying to buy any of Android based system, do ensure that the system is able to communicate via CANBUS.
    There by you will be able to communicate directly with the car and will be able to write basic programs to control various actions in car.
    There is CANBUS digital to Anlog convertors too, that way you can do a lot of your DIY analog based action devices.

Alternately RaspberyPie / Cubbieboard should be the way a DIY'er should go :)

Just in case some one is core to DIY here is Pican Canbus board for Raspbery Pi
    http://www.skpang.co.uk/catalog/pican-canbus-board-for-raspberry-pi-p-1196.html
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    3 people like this.