1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyres online through snapdeal.com

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jaggu916, Apr 21, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think @GP_Freak is talking about the fitting machine that the tyre shops have which is not at all portable. Doing it by tools is very much possible but not recommended. Has anyone here actually used these services? Any reviews? I had similar concerns with batterybhai.com as well. But then they had a Cash on Delivery Option and I had the right to reject the battery if it was not recently manufactured. But that did not happen.

Had a look at the tyres section on snapdeal in detail. I see that there are various sellers (Ranjit Tyres, Chawla Tyres, PPC, ITS Tyres, Torus, Tyre World etc). So the quality would depend on the good or bad business practices followed by these sellers. One way could be to look at the individual rating of these sellers and then place an order.

But then my rant about the installation process and buyback of old tyres says. It is way too complicated. I, for one, will not keep four bulky automobile tyres in my house for (potential) three days.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just read this thread from start, and 2 members who got this, none of them has older tyres.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/tyres-online-through-snapdeal-com.12076/page-2#post-841901721
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/tyres-online-through-snapdeal-com.12076/page-5#post-841903125
    Agree with buyback and keeping tyres for few days in home.
    But installation of tyres is not complicated. Other online tyre sites, sends a small truck with all tools, they do even balancing and alignment :).
    Snapdeal was not doing this earlier, I am sure they would have hired someone.
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Its a nightmare to fit tubeless tyres especially with hand tools if you are worried about the scuffing/chipping of alloys/paint in alloys. Easier with tyre designed for using with tubes.

Change my tyre used to ship the tyre and ask to visit to a certain shop in the city of the buyer and get it fixed there.

Btw, that's a surprise to me that there are mobile balancing and alignment center in India an that too across cities. I am yet to come across one in Chennai atleast. Can you please tell which online tyre store in India is sending trucks to remove/fix tyre and balance/Align ?
    How would the guy loosen the nut for Linea for ex to adjust the toe?. Simply put,the Hassle for Mobile 3D alignment is just too much.

Edit: please check with Snapdeal how they are covering this ? If mobile units are available for till alignment, then I am blown.

Btw, Any one in Chennai who want to change tyre through snapdeal, I can suggest a better alternative. You can either ship the tyre to your known tyre shop and get it fixed there or you can carry the tyre to the tyre shop and get it fixed there.

If you need good reference for doing this in Chennai, please PM me. I can ask my friend to help. But Balancing/Alignment needs to be paid and fixing can be free I guess. If interested I can check and tell.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think its only balancing, not alignment :).
    @GP_Freak Check last page, snapdeal mentions about balancing as well, for free. 199 for changing tyres and balancing, plus 1 year RSA free.
    Please read this - http://www.tyreonwheels.com/mobile-fitting
    Snapdeal uses Crossroads (http://cria.co.in/crweb/) for their mobile service.
  5. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ahhh, See,Its the Van with alignment part that threw me off . Balancing and Tyre removal cum fixing machine are small and they can be inside the Van.

I have heard of crossroads, but they are still concentrated in North/NCR region. Guess a different partner would be there for south India. Most probably My TVS.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even Snapdeal has COD :).
    It seems, Snapdeal has ties with Crossroads only, and it is pan India service.
  7. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone,
    I am currently in Hyderabad and will be ordering tyres through snapdeal (getting excellent deal on almost all brands) but I don't know what to do with the old tyres. Is there some place where I can get some money out of them
  8. Guru_mprasad

Guru_mprasad Amatore

Chennai
    Just now finished ordering Yoko Earth1 195/65 r15 for my linea...Couldn't see the tyres listed anywhere else.. Even in Yoko website... Keeping my fingers crossed... Got a food deal for it though..17481 for a set of 4.... Anyone has idea on these tyres... I also went toReliance Autozone and they were also saying Yoko earth 1 is not offered in 195/65....
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    How are your tyres doing? i am also thinking of changing my michelin plcs of same profile as yours to yoko earth1. Need some feedback on the yokos!
  10. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys i have completed 5000+ kms in these profile tyres. When the tyre was new the road noise was nil but now i can hear a little when the windows are rolled down. Yet to rotate the tyres and do the alignment+balancing. The important thing is that if u are looking for increased GC then you guys wont be disappointed. Grip, both dry and wet is similar to that of my earlier GT3.