1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyres online through snapdeal.com

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jaggu916, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Would suggest justdial.com for any tyre related queries. Just find tyre dealers near your area. Decide 3, 4 tyres you are looking for. Call them and ask about your listed one's. If you are getting the deal in lesser price than online shops, go for them. Otherwise online is the way to go. Justdial never failed me though.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Was just checking, tyre prices are so good on snapdeal ::T.
    Market price is ~6300 per tyre.

snapdeal.png
  3. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I checked Michelin P3ST, outside market price is 24K, for 4 tyres of 195/60 R15. Snapeal is at-least 3K less.

Now this makes it more interesting.

Automotive_240.jpg
    Final-Image 2-compressed.jpg

Final-Image 1-compressed.jpg
  4. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    This is great Ravi ... thanks a lot for the info ... I had always thought, who will take the burden of installation after purchasing car accessories online... specifically installers charge crazy in Bangalore , if they see a product being purchased online and taken to them for installation.
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, YOKO AVS DB 550 is 18141 for a set of 4 tyres in snapdeal. Is this a good buy for these tyres and how is the wear and tear of these tyres for Indian road conditions?
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yoko AVS DB tyres are excellent, @N Kiran is using it for long time. It is comparable with Michelin PLC.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    An unbelievably low price is something that always makes me suspicious and therefore the tyre deals on snapdeal too!

Before buying these from snapdeal I would recommend you guys to check the manufacturing date of these tyres. Note that these deals are from dealers and not from the manufacturer. Hence there is no question of better pricing due to elimination of middlemen.

If the dealer is not willing to give in writing that the manufacturing date on these tyres is less than 3-4 months old you should not make the purchase.

Better still : the dealer should actually upload a photo on snapdeal showing the manufacturing month and year on the tyre.

Better to do some due diligence before than regret later.

Edit : the installation offer is good but it is not at all hassle free. Why ?

1. Need to store the tyres for 3 days
    2. We are assuming that the installation guys will turn up on time. Equal proabability that they won't
    3. 200 rupees for installation ? Why ?
    4. It's good to check the alignment balancing after a tyre change. This won't happen at home. You will have to go to a tyre shop anyway.
    5. Do they take back old tyres and how much do they pay for it ? I see no mention of that. If they don't : how do you get rid of your old tyres ?
    Now in a regular tyre change at a local store we budget the time, plan accordingly and get everything done in one shot. That is clearly not happening in these snapdeal offers.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  8. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @amogh , how would they even fit the tubeless tyres in to an alloy wheel without the fitting machine ? Even with the machine, I got lot of scuff marks if not done properly. Its close to impossible to remove old tyre and fit a tubeless tyre just with manual levers without damaging the Alloys.

In addition to it, If the seal is not proper in the tubeless tyre, it would need a high volume/pressure inflator to ensure proper sealing,else the tyre will never inflate as the air is going to leak out from gap due to improper sealing effect.

Or may be such mobile tyre fitting facility is available with Snapdeal Partners. :p http://www.tumbityres.com.au/mobile_tyre_shop.htm
    amogh likes this.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good point! Overall this snapdeal does not seem to be a good idea at all to me.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why do you think they don't have tyre fitting tools?
    All online website, tyreonwheels or changemytyre does the fittings, I don't think that will be a problem.

Only question remain if snapdeal can guarantee the tyres are not older, say more than 5-6 months. I have sent email to them and below is the reply, I have asked to clarify specific question, let's see if they reply.

Screenshot_2014-09-09-13-40-38.png

Screenshot_2014-09-09-13-40-45.png