1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyres online through snapdeal.com

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jaggu916, Apr 21, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I figured that. I thought at first maybe the deal was there for my pincode address and some other regions.

Do you see that one listing has 91H and other 91V. Why is there a difference?? Is it updated ratings on newer stock (very unlikely) or is that a mistake in listing.

Thought so. That's the only thing that makes sense. :)
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    the 91H and 91V are two different tyres. While 91 denotes the load index and corresponds to 615 kg and the H and V denotes the speed rating. H stands for a speed rating of 210 kmph and V stands for a speed rating of 240 kmph.

Source: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35

I was reading about the CEAT gripp LN tyres that you mentioned and the claims are very good about these tyres but in actual how it performs need to be known from users out there, if any.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  3. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    At last ordered Apollo Acelere 195/65/15 tyres on snapdeal.com. I have ordered total 4 tyres but not through the offer of set of 4 tyres. Earlier the site provided option for choosing only 3 tyres at the time of check out when ordering single tyre. I talked with snapdeal CC and said that i am looking to order 5 tyres. They told me that i have to place two orders for that. After an hour or so i got a call from the SD delhi office and they asked me if they can help me and i told them the problem. They too said that i have to place two order one for 3 tyres and the other for 2 tyres.

Later about half-an-hour when i went to buy the tyres i was surprised to see that i can now select 4 tyres instead of 3. Not sure whether my phone call had any effect on this change. Quickly ordered 4 tyres and it should soon be delivered to my Chennai address.

Here are the cost details

Price of one tyre: 5055/-
    price for 4 tyres: 20220/-
    Instant cash back offer of 15%: 3033/-
    Total paid: 17187/-
    Additional discount for making payment through SBI credit card: 1000/- (this amount will be refunded to my credit card account)
    Net price of 4 tyres: 16187/-
    Effective price of 1 tyre: 4046.75/-

The deal cannot be more sweeter than this so very happy with the deal. Now fingers crossed for the tyre to arrive. Hope the tyres will not be too old otherwise I have to initiate a refund.

Attaching the My SD order page for ref:
    tyre oder.PNG
    bharath likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Keep us updated. I might buy shortly

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sathishgv,
    You misunderstood the question asked. I am aware of speed and load ratings. :D
    My question was for a the same tyre there were different ratings, why so? I was implying was there a mistake in description as if often the case with online listings of items or does Accelere come in varieties with two different ratings for a one profile. As in 2 ratings (2types) for 195/65/R15. Like type 1 and type 2.

Anyways, does not matter now. You got a nice deal by the way. Hope Snapdeal made the changes at their end.
  6. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Update on my experience with snapdeal

I must give feedback regarding absolutely ridiculous and pathetic customer service experience that I just had via snapdeal.com.

Let me run you through the timelines first

26th April - Order Placed. Confirmation message received.

28th April - Confirmation message received that item ready to ship and will be dispatched in 48 hours
    No update for 3 days
    1 May - I Called up customer care who update that they will update the seller for dispatch and will be shipped soon
    2 May - No update. Called up the customer care again and executive called Surendra said it was cancelled because seller could not procure the item

- If it was not procured then why was it confirmed 'Ready to Ship' on 28th April ?
    - Why wasn't I informed of 'cancellation' ?

One of the worst customer service experience I have had !! Wasted one full week because of their non sense of posting discounts to lure buyers and not shipping goods later and cancel order at their inconvenience without even informing me !

I have also posted a review of the item, which i am sure they will not publish thus have taken the screenshot to put it here. Even the customer care executive was ill trained and spoke in a very uncourteous tone. They should hire better people or spend some money from the VC funds they get on training rather than advertising. Review Screenshot.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That was too late for me to take it as a precaution as i have already ordered the item :oops:. Only thing i can do now is to pray the concerned GOD, if any, that everything should work fine.:confused

- - - Merged Post - - -

:oops: sorry if I hurt you by assuming that you don't know about the speed ratings. I will make it up by posting a picture from the apollo website :D to clear your doubt.

apollo tyre types.jpg
  8. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Update : Snapdeal delivers my 'cancelled' tyres !!!!! :p

I think snapdeal is going crazy. They cancelled my order and sent me an email and message. And then in the evening the courier guy called that he is waiting downstairs with my tyres !!!

I got the tyres, paid him the cash and then called up snapdeal to recheck. To my surprise, their records still had my order cancelled due to 'stock unavailability' and then i told them the tyres are already delivered. He was stumped.

But All's well that ends well !! So all good. Will get them fitted tomorrow.. :)
    bharath, ghodlur and vj_v1 like this.
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Gaurav mind checking the mfd dates of tyres. If they r giving new mfd tyres the I would place an order.

Thanka
    sunil

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Date is 1014 which I think is 10th week of 2014 so about march 2014