1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyres online through snapdeal.com

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by jaggu916, Apr 21, 2014.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Apollo has Acelere and Acelere Maxx tyres. Maxx costs a little more than the regular Acelere.
    Does any one know the advantage of Maxx over the regular Acelere?
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What's the average running of each set of tyre?

Thank you guys. So let it be Apollo acelere. Finalized. Atlast peace of mind:cool:
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have upgraded to Aceleres @ 45k kms on ODO. Now ODO is @ 76k kms. Atleast i will fetch 20k kms more.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    :confused: Did you mean 195/60/R15. Those should be good enough.

I too like the Yokohamas, except Michelin is also pretty tough competition to the Yokos. Anyways, here is a list of some brands or tyre types that IMHO you should select preferably in the ascending order. Some of these are not available on Snapdeal though.

1a. YOKO AVS db v550 (very good at the price if budget permits-good ratings)
    1b. Goodyear Eagle F1 (very good tyres - unique tread pattern bit outdated yet with special advantages)
    1c. Yoko A drives (pretty good and soft compound, yet not recommended since AVS db is similarly priced)
    1c. Michelin 3ST (solid tyres cannot go wrong, very good)
    1d. PRIMACY LC (good tyres again but not recommended when above options are similarly priced)
    1e. Falken Sincera (yet another reputed tyre brand from Japan - not sure of after sales support)

2a. Goodyear GT3 (very good except noisy at higher speeds)
    2b. Apollo Acelere (good tyres, good value for money worth considering)
    2c. Goodyear NCT5 (good value for money not recommended since other options are there)

Chinese Korean alternatives...
    3a. Hankook (reputed Korean - $6447 million sales rev.)
    3b. Maxxis
    3c. Nankang (reputed Taiwanese - $ 117 million rev.)
    3d. Kenda KR (reputed Taiwanese brand - $700 million rev.)
    1 person likes this.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think i will end what i have started

@asimpleson answer for you question is here
    1 person likes this.
  6. gauravbatla

gauravbatla Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi Sathish,

So did you finally order Apollo Acelere? Received? Any feedback.

I am confused between Kenda from changemytyre.com which offers additional 2 years CMT warranty vs snapdeal apollo acelere (Apollo costing only 2000 more for set of 4) with no additional warranty. Also snapdeal is known for the sellers not shipping for long or sending faulty goods or even not offering warranty quite a few times
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Probably i was waiting for too long to order that i had to miss the products :A. The tyres were sold out. I was waiting to make a confirmed trip to chennai so that i can order the tyres and get it delivered there as my current location is out of shipping area. Still i am not sure when i will go to chennai. Yesterday, when i logged in to snapdeal the shocker was waiting for me. The set of 4 tyres from apollo in 195/65/R15 was sold out. Now i think i have to wait for the products to get relisted. Also don't know whether the same offer would be there?

Regarding shopping experience with snapdeal, I did not face any bad experience. Once, I received the wrong product and i talked to them and they refunded but they did not refund the courier charges which i incurred while sending back the product.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know, I think the stock would be replenished soon if not already. Check again or email them :)
    Apollo Acelere 195/65/R15, are listed and deliverable to Mumbai as I just checked. (maybe not to chennai for now, idk, try again)

But the weird part is Snapdeal won't allow to select more than 3 tyres during checkout. :confused
    I tried on differenct browsers, it still selects only 3. What's wrong..What am I missing:confused:
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    is it possible to verify the maf date on these..
    on saturday i had been to a tyre shop hoping to buy v550 the model was 0213 (2nd week of 13') and the tyre also didnt look new at all. i came back.
    if something like that happens through snapdeal its going to be difficult to convince the guy to take it back.
    or else i will buy today obly
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    They may not be having enough stock currently.