1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyres for Linea TJet Plus

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by iamalpine, Dec 24, 2012.

1. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

Mumbai
    Hi,

I am in Panvel and will be in Vashi today. The Tjet has 205/55/R16
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Have you already taken the plunge?:cool:

I have checked at Khargar shop near little world, he is quoting 8600 for MY02 .

He got Michelins too. Let me know if you want to check this dealer.
    1 person likes this.
  3. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

Mumbai
    Yes please all help appreciated. Not taken the plunge yet.
  4. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Try and get the Turanza GR90 from Bridgestone, I have these on my Jet, size being 205/55R16, price around three months ago was 10560/- e.a.
    Another choice could be the Ecopia also from Bridgestone otherwise there is the C drive from Yokohama or the PLC from Michelin. You may also want to take a look at the 'Assurance' from Goodyear.
  5. iamalpine

iamalpine Timido

Mumbai
    tyres.JPG

i have attached details on various comparisons that i have noted till now
    S A SHAH likes this.
  6. varadharajan

varadharajan Timido

chennai
    Hi

My tjet has done 22k and am told that my tires need to be changed because of wear and bulges. I am confused about what tire to choose - Yoko, bridgestone or accelere - michelin is way too expensive. What should I go for ?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What you are looking for?
    For 205/55 R16, you can have a look at Bridgestone ER60 or Apollo Accelere. Even Yoko Earth 1 seems to be good tyre (check the size, if its available).
  8. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Ali,
    Please don't feel that the thread is hijacked since I'm using it for getting information regarding my question.
    You experienced guys, please let me know which tyres will suite well for the conditions nearly off-roading, because we don't have here the roads of express-quality or as smooth as in other places. The roads are full of uneven surfaces, gravels spread all over,non-metaled etc what not (I'm talking of Srinagar and adjoining areas).
    My T-Jet has leapt 32k kms now, deserves the tyre change though there still some life left.
    Please suggest the best suitable tyres for the conditions mentioned above.
    Regards,
    S A SHAH
  9. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi All, Anyone upgraded there 205/55 R16 for there TJets or any other variation of Linea? Please provide some inputs in here. Thanks
  10. mukulh

mukulh Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Hello!

Its time for me to change the tyres for my Tjet+ (205/55 R16 91V). In fact, I have to do it pretty urgently. Can anyboy please suggest which tyres would be an ideal replacement (michelin, bridgestone, yokohama, MRF, Apollo-Arceler, Falken) or should I continue with the original brand - GoodYear Eagle NCT 5?

The GoodYears have served well for the first 30K km but later on ride quality & frequency of punctures were an issue. Control in dry or wet conditions were never an issue. I would prefer tyres that provide good ride quality and durability. I believe noise, control & fuel-efficiency would be more or less same in all the tyres.

I am planning to keep the car for another 3 years so should I spend 10K per tyre for some premium models or around 7K for mediocre ones is another dilemma :) Apollo_Arceler is cheapest at around 6K and michelin costliest at 9.5K (So a difference of ~14K on 4 tyres)

It would be immensely beneficial if members can comment on their experience with tyres post replacement. Thanking in advance for your time for valuable suggestions.

Regards,
    Mukul