1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyres changed to Yoko A-drives

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by mahen.jnk, Jun 12, 2014.

1. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    I got the tyres of my Punto changed today. The OEM GT3s have gone bald like me well before reaching 40(K). I actually went to the dealer wheelocity at Rd# 10, Jublee Hills, Hyderabad, for Apollo Acelere as several reviews have indicated that they are the best VFM tyres but he didn't have them in stock and showed me A-drives, C-drives, AVS db, Bridgestone RE88 and GT3s. After quickly checking the reviews on net, thanks to mobile internet, picked up A-drives.

Somehow I thought he quoted Rs 5,200 per tyre and bargained for Rs 4900 with new valves, WB and WA. He said "Sir I quoted Rs 4800 only including all that and will give you for rs 4,750/-". Seem to be nice guys and were ecstatic watching the first assembly session of their new state.

Got a shocker while one of the tyres was being removed to fix the new one. It was almost 1-2 years back, this tyre got punctured and gone bad beyond puncture fix. So the guy then put a tube inside. After that I forgot which tyre had tube inside but this particular tyre recently got punctured 4 times in a span of 3-4 months. All the 4 puncture repair guys did tube less puncture fix on this tyre with tube inside and one of them even put a new valve as the valve was missing. The tube with its valve was completely inside as I found today.

1) The 1st guy put a tube inside saying its a big puncture on the edge and can't be fixed.
    2) The 3 of the next 4 guys did tubeless puncture fix on this same tyre with tube inside.
    3) and the 4th one put a new valve with tube and valve inside.

Think I am lucky nothing serious has happened as I travelled quite a lot on expressways with this tyre.

Coming to old GT3s, they were OK for the first 15K but after that the steering was always wobbling. Wheel balancing didn't help as the problem used to resurface with in few 100 kms after WB.

couple of pics.

-M

2.jpg

1.jpg
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Did the dealer have the Earth 1 tyres? Found these to be better than the A drives.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I believe, Earth 1 isn't available for Punto's OEM tyre specs. Was keen on Earth 1 when changed couple of my Punto's tyres but upon enquiring settled for A drives.

@Mahen, yes these are true VFM tyres. Have been using it from past 3-4k kms. Both city and highway drives have been satisfactory considering the cost paid.
  4. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    @nkrishnap Yes, I saw some earth1 tyres stacked up but didn't check what sizes they were.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    That was the case initially. But the earth1 is now available in a lot more sizes. I believe seeing the 195/60 R15 size. I will check and reconfirm.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.