1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyres 155/70R13 (Front) with 175/70R13 (Rear)

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by MSGirish1979, May 18, 2013.

1. MSGirish1979

MSGirish1979 Timido

Hyderabad
    Dear friends,

I would appreciate your inputs in regard to tyres of my FIAT Uno 1999 being put into experiment. In my car I can see that the existing tyres are 155/70R13 Bridgestone and recently I met a person who was selling off tyres 175/70R13 JK Tyre. Can anybody suggest me if the tyres 175/70R13 will fit into my Uno and also was wondering if I can use these 175/70R13 for the rear side only as I believe that If placed on the front too it might rub against the bumpers and the fenders while turning and or in potholes. Please advise if it is possible to change all the four tyres to the 175/70R13 or the rear ones replaced with the 175/70R13 and front ones left with the very same 155/70R13 will suit the looks of the vehicle as I am trying all possible efforts to increase the ground clearance at the back end as the silencer joint underneath hits the speed breakers when my family (2 in front and 3 in the rear seat) travels together in this car . Also please advice if the experiment will be safe to do as my vehicle runs mostly on highways tossing anywhere between 100-140 Kmph.
  2. MSGirish1979

MSGirish1979 Timido

Hyderabad
    Hi Friends,

This is Girish back with update. The Rims that I was discussing about are 98 PCD marked over it and sorry for the miscommunication that it was being used in Esteem actually it was being used in Viceroy for rally purpose specifically. The Rims are fitting to my Uno but the only problem is that when installed to the front, They are rubbing and grinding against the Disc Brake assembly and on deep turns, they hit the inside part of the fender (the fiber plastic cover given underneath the fenders). Yesterday I brought two of the rims and installed them to the rear and can feel the difference. The drive became smooth and maneuvering was outstanding. I felt as if my non-power steering car has been converted into a power steering version. Can anybody please suggest any modifications or attachments available in the market to create a gap between the rim and the disc brake assembly on the front wheels so that I can use the set of four complete on my Uno? Hopefully waiting for your inputs and suggestions.

Regards and Good day,
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Don't go for a staggered setup i.e. wider at rear and narrower tyres upfront. Keep it equal.

Staggered setups are usually used in high performance Rear wheel drive cars because they need wider tyres at the back to provide more grip. Also because it "looks cool". :)

Cheers.
  4. MSGirish1979

MSGirish1979 Timido

Hyderabad
    What if I use my own 155/70R13 Bridgestone tyres for all the four wheels with the customized rims? But again the issue that I am facing is that the design of the customized rims are different from the stock ones as you can see both of them installed on my car (Stock Rims in the front and Customized in the rear) and If the customized rims are placed on the front, they rub against the sides of the Disc Brakes Assembly. Can you please advice some attachments that can resolve the issue and help me in using this set of customized rims? I am attaching herewith the image of the customized rims that I have bought for my Uno. Actually it has gone through a simple makeover (restoration). Therefore I am eager to change its look from an executive car to somewhat sports car look. CAM00165.jpg CAM00166.jpg
  5. MSGirish1979

MSGirish1979 Timido

Hyderabad
    Dear Friends,

REminder here. Waiting for inputs.

Regards,

M.S. Girish
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Girish,

If you are trying to make over then why not try the used alloys with the same wheel size instead of going for the custom made rims.

We don't know the life & reliability of custom made ones but we can be sure in alloys.
    1 person likes this.
  7. MSGirish1979

MSGirish1979 Timido

Hyderabad
    Hi Rishikesh,

I am trying to procure one set of alloys for my Fiat Uno but wherever I search for, I get a set of standard replies and questions.

1. "FIAT UNO? Why are you wasting money to rebuild it and to buy alloys when your car is not worth the cost of the project?"

2. We don't have alloys to match Fiat Uno.

3. We have 13" Alloys with 100PCD but we do not have spacers to match the 98PCD of Fiat UNO.

Tired of all craps kind of excuses. Wish I can get one at the earliest.

Finally for the time being, I am planning to go for wheel caps to cover the existing stock rims and make the car look better to be taken onto the roads.

Do you have any idea of vendors in and around Hyderabad for the suitable alloys on Fiat Uno?

Regards,

M.S. Girish
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Girish,

I really don't know have idea about any vendors in Hyderabad. Sorry yaar.

But you can try the 13'' rims which can match the PCDs of UNO then your problem will sort easily.

I knew people are saying anything abut the car. Don't listen to them at all.

Try any car alloy shop where you can get multiple options to suite your wheels.

If possible try to contact KAVA motors in mumbai. May be there you can get what you want. Also try to meet some TFians from Hyderabad who can happily help you for this. :)

One more option is to look for the old Uno's rims from scrap yard or chor bazaar ;)
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. MSGirish1979

MSGirish1979 Timido

Hyderabad
    Rishikesh,

Old Uno rims means the stock ones? If so I already have them and are in good shape and have done the paintwork on them too. And left is the alloys part, tried that part too but all people selling unos to scrap either remove it or mostly are with stock rims only. :( :( :(

Regards,

M.S. Girish
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ohh,

I think TFians from Hyderabad will definitely help you on this for sure now.

Just a thought, check out if Palio's alloys can match your requirement. If yes then you will be the luckiest... :)