1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

tyre wear out at 21k kms????

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pradeepms, Jun 15, 2015.

1. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Vista:
    Best upgrade for you would be 185/70/R14 on same 14inch rims as stock. Dont go for alloys as it is prone to bend and replacing/repairing is tough and costly. Its always better to stick to stock profiles for better dynamics.
    If you need more meaty tires, only then go for 195/60/R15. This will give good grip/handling/cornering abilities.
    Else 185/70/R14 should suffice. If the car is new, keep it for 185/70/R14. Use it to your likings and understand the dynamics.
    Later can take a call on moving to 195/60/R15.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Yes i have decided to go for 185/70 R14 and hunt is on to get the Yoko or Mich but if i see the reviews the Yoko seems better for Indian road conditions.
    So if somebody recently updated in Bangalore with this size please guide me for better price and good installer.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Visit Madhus - langford road entrance below flyover. Look no further.
    Before that call Tyre park/Tyre professionals/Madhus/Sai Iyengars and get the quotes.
    Finally, F2F negotiate with them and ask for latest tire set which is not older than 4-6 weeks.
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Thanks for the shops mentioned and will call them.
    Will be replacing them by tomorrow.
  5. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Tornado
    tyre manufacture: nov/dec 2012
    Vehicle purchase dat: Sep 2013
    Vehicle manuf date: feb 2013 (from VIN)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 27, 2015 ---
    @vista7155 i had discussion in another forum they say 15" rims with 195 60 15 will help in better handling grip breaking and slight increase in GC and FE and pickup is not affected much....
    Anyways u r sticking with 14" rim... Let me know which tyre and price. ..
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  6. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ***** Guys Need your urgent suggestion ****

I just completed 25000 km mark today . I was traveling to bangalore to chennai today morning and noticed LHR wheel air is less. So I stopped in Puncture shop Bangalore-Hosur road . Guy fixed the puncture, I used nitrogen for tyres and this guy filled in normal air.

While I insist on release all nitrogen and just fill in normal air the mechanic said there will be no issues of having both nitrogen and air and not sure about the pressure he kept on tyres , I think is higher than 32 normally is used to have.

Outside temperature of 40 C and while crossing kanchipuram LHR wheel bursted. I was in a speed of 80 - 100 km/hr, I heard a blow noise. I just slow down the car and stopped by left lane. Luckily No wobbling and inside people my father and mother they didnt even feel the tyre has blown.

I quickly replaced it with spare tyre and safe to chennai. I am planning leave chennai on Tuesday.

What you guys suggest here ?

Shall I go with single alloy bursted tyre replacement , while others look good and feel it doesnt require an urgent replacement.

If so what tyre shall i go for ? Will this combination workout ?

Your quick suggestion is really appreciated. My stock tyres are apollo i have periodic WA/WB and Wheel rotations as well

Thanks
    Sankar
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @Pradeepms.
    i have ordered 185/70 r14 Mich XM2 for 17100(4 tires set) from snapdeal and in the market they quoted 4700 per tyre so through the snapdeal there is huge saving.
    i will get it fixed once i come back from my onsite assignment and let me comeback with review.
  8. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello pradeepms, sorry to hear that
    I too faced the same issue and still faces in fact!
    Mine was appolo accalere, the stock ones. Actually there was some contributory negligence from my side too. WA was not done properly on time. Problems of uneven wear started at around 20k, somehow managed till 25k and changed to bridge stone my02.
    Later I noticed that during wa camber and caster were misaligned only toe is adjusted. I enquired at ass they say for some cars its like that. Could not correct it. If possible I will upload the WA report.
    Anyway my second set of tires lasted till 60k. After doing all WA on time and with utmost care. Presently on my 3rd set of tires. At 76k presently.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    hmm.. not surprised to see the tyres wearing earlier. If rubber is kept in unused condition for such long time under sun & shower it is bound deteriorate. Anyways, the dealer must have offered you decent discounts at the time of purchase of the car,so no regrets.
  10. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah @Tornado got for 6.5 after exchanging my zen with them plus cash discount. Actual on road price was 7.25 at that time...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2015 ---
    @mohdshea u mean to say ur second set i, e bridgestone gave u 60k mileage or initial 25k-60k i, e 35k in ur bridgestone...