1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

tyre wear out at 21k kms????

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pradeepms, Jun 15, 2015.

1. dhandore

dhandore Timido

RATNAGIRI
    Ratnagiri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hegde ji,
    I am fiatian since uno, palio, now punto. so I take every care you said from many years. dragging problem lies in punto and further, JK tyre particularly tornado not last longer even though we take every care.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @dhandore u mean to say dragging problem will not solve after changing the tyres?????
  3. dhandore

dhandore Timido

RATNAGIRI
    Ratnagiri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Most Probably....
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    I am also victim of this JK tyres one is bulged in side profile and other has a crack and other three are good as of now mileage stands at 24k so I am totaly confused whether to upgrade or replace only 2 tyres with other brand.
    Guys please suggest is it good to go for 15 inch tyres and 15 inch linea steel rim as a upgrade or stick to the stock size.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, those who are suffering due to tyres, can you please mention the 'tyre manufacturing date & date of car purhase?
  6. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the advantage of upgrading to 15“ rims....
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2015 ---
    @vista7155 what is the use of 15“ rims instead of that u can go for alloys
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^the need of going to rim will be because of bad roads in my hometown and if the alloys are used and if it gets damaged then it will be costly affairs and initial investment will be more due to alloys with new set of 5 tyres.
    So am I wrong in considering the steel rims?
    If any side effects are going to happen by using 15 please tell me i will avoid the upgrade.
  8. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vista7155

Stick to the the 14" steel rim if roads are not good. In steel rim you might be having 185 70 R14 setup. Its a perfect setup for bad roads since the side wall thickness is high and cushioning action will be more. Change the tyres without any doubt on that but do not go for michillen as many people will suggest they are not meant for bad roads.
    vista7155 likes this.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @KKAUL
    Yes i am going for 185/70 R14 and i am planing to go for alloys once Abharth is released here and it will look hot with those alloys.
    The question may be silly but still i want to clarify before upgrade.
    As OEM the tyre is 165/80 R14 size so if i upgrade to 185/70 R14 the existing rim should be replaced?
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vista7155

The OEM spec of 165 80 is good to to go. Tell me one good reason why you want to upgrade. If speed or Mileage is an issue than keep with the same spec and use nitrogen instead of air. Since punto has a stiff suspension as compared to other cars more of side wall will help you to absorb more bumps without damaging the rims. In alloys running on 195 60 r15 the alloys are prone to run out as in my case due to less side wall on the tyre and in case of aventura buyers running on 16" and 55mm side wall may god be with them.
    As far as up gradation is considered same rims will serve you. Never ever go for OEM alloys they are worth less. Your warranty will be void in case you buy alloys from out side. To deal with that issue do not sell your original rims and tyres in exchange but retain them when switching to aftermarket alloys and put them on when submitting the car for any warranty related issues.