1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

tyre wear out at 21k kms????

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pradeepms, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys need help/suggestion...
    From couple of months my PUNTO was dragging towards right and this weekend I went to Madhus tyres where I will do normal WA/WB and they told tyre is not good change the tyres and later I went to BRIDGESTONE tyre shop where they checkd the WA and they told WA is not done properly and those guys started to scold JK tyre(which I have in my PUNTO, given by Fiat) and they also scold MRF and cEAT :) and finally they told me to change the tyres as after WA also I had drag. I was shocked to hear this as my PUNTO is just 21k
    old. How is this possible?????
    FYI.. I have done WA/WB @ 5k, 11k, 17k and now at 21k
    1) Is JK tyre is so pathetic?
    2) one of those bridgestone guys told me to replace front 2 tyres with bridgestone tyres and it will solve problem OR have my spare tyre (as it is not used) in one side(front) and buy one more JK tyre and have it on other side(front)... that might solve the problem and he told second idea will not last for more time as we are using JK tyre again..... :(
    3) has anyone faced same problem like this???
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    My stock tyres were worn out at 29 k....but i didn't do any WA/WB, so i thought it may be the reason why the tyres were worn out.

Yes Jk Tyres are pathetic
    Pradeepms likes this.
  3. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks bibin for reply...... but I did regular WA/WB... !!!!! :-(
    that bridgestone guy was scolding JK like anything.... they use very cheap rubber and company will use it to reduce the cost..... etc etc...
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    JK's are not that bad, Bridgestone guys was cursing, because he has to sold his; its a common practice.
    Tyre wearing also depends on the terrain its used.

JK's on my Indica lasted quite a long.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    And did you do regular tyre rotation? It is always best practice to rotate the tyres at every wheel alignment/balancing time. It helps to reduce uneven tyre wear and increases the tread life.
  6. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah @ghodlur I did tyre rotation at 11k, 17k WA/WB.....
    this tyre change point came up because vehicle was dragging towards right and they told u have to change tyre or keep driving with this and change after some time....
  7. dhandore

dhandore Timido

RATNAGIRI
    Ratnagiri
    Grande Punto 1.3

I am facing the same dragging problem towards left. I own Punto 1.3 dynamic.. having JK tornado tyres from company worn out at 15000 km Isn't it horrible even though I do regularly WA/WB.

Planning to sell my car within year now.. purchased punto last year january i.e. Jan2014 now meter shiows only 17000 km

JK tyres manufacturer or our company make punto producers must look into matter urgently.
  8. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Alignment and balance are not the only issues leading to tyre wear. Uneven tyre wear can happen if the rims are out of shape (circular/lateral shape). Improper pressure also leads to tyre wear out. Not rotating the tyres in time also causes tyre wear. Please keep all that in mind before blaming tyre company or the car manufacturer.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  9. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @RaviHegde for suggestions...
    yeah in my case I used to check/maintain tyre pressure at regular interval (between 2-3 weeks or whenever I used to go for long drives) and tyre pressure was always maintained at 32 for all the tyres. Wheel rotation was also done regularly. And regarding RIM out of shape, I never got wobbling problem so never bother to check rims...... next time I will check that also...
  10. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Then it is a mystery. Probably tyres are really bad quality!