1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Warranty

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by mailmeysrawat, Jun 3, 2014.

1. mailmeysrawat

mailmeysrawat Timido

Faridabad
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to know if there is warranty card or warranty document for tyres that come factory fitted. Like warranty card that comes with Car battery.

The tyres on my fiat 1.3 MJD emotion are Goodyear Duraplus 195/60R15. The tyre model is listed as a WFS(WorryFreeService) tyre by GoodYear company.
    My tyre got damaged when the car hit a divider. The tyre wall got damaged (hole in the side wall).

I went to the service center, I was told to take an insurance claim in which I would get 50% for the tyre.

I went and bought a new tyre. After I had bought the tyre, the tyre dealer informed me about the WFS warranty offered by GY. He asked me to log a complaint with GY to get the tyre surveyed by the GY Engineer. The GY Engineer rejected the claim as non manufacturing defect.
    On asking about the WFS warranty he informed as the tyre are company fitted he would not be able to provide the WFS warranty. He informed, had I purchased the tyre from a tyre dealr. I would have got the WFS warranty on the same tyre.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    He's right, technically. I doubt you would get WFS warranty even if you bought from a tyre dealer
  3. mailmeysrawat

mailmeysrawat Timido

Faridabad
    "Worry Free Service" tyres may be replaced on pro rata basis in the case of:• Run flat/deflation damage• Fitment damage• Non-repairable tyres (through cuts and damage on the tread area)• Non-repairable tyres (through cuts and damage on sidewall area)• Impact break damage

4. mailmeysrawat

mailmeysrawat Timido

Faridabad
    "Worry Free Service" tyres may be replaced on pro rata basis in the case of:• Run flat/deflation damage• Fitment damage• Non-repairable tyres (through cuts and damage on the tread area)• Non-repairable tyres (through cuts and damage on sidewall area)• Impact break damage

5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Tyre warranty is generally not provided on the factory fitted tyres. If the tyres have a manufacturing defect, then the workshop will replace the tryes under warranty. But in your case since the tyres are damaged due to driving habits you will have to get it repaired with Insurance claim only.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Are you eligible for the other conditions? (less than 50% tyre wear and registration on purchase and also the dates : February 10th, 2013 to July 31st, 2013)?
    If not, the tyre co will reject the claim. Most of the claims on the tyre are rejected.

You should ask your new tyre shop guy, how would he give you WFS. It is only a marketing gimmick.
  7. mailmeysrawat

mailmeysrawat Timido

Faridabad
    Tyre only did 2500 km. Tyre manufacturing date 01 March 14.
    The tyre dealer registers for the WFS.
    My question is when car battery comes with manufacturer warranty. For which we get warranty card. should the tyres also not come with a warranty card. And if a company is offering a service for a product. Why should there be different policy on company fitted and tyre dealer purchased tyre?
    Any light on the same would be helpful.

8. mailmeysrawat

mailmeysrawat Timido

Faridabad
    My question is when car battery comes with manufacturer warranty. For which we get warranty card. should the tyres also not come with a warranty card. And if a company is offering a service for a product. Why should there be different policy on company fitted and tyre dealer purchased tyre?
    Any light on the same would be helpful.
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Companies get tires and batteries from manufacturers as a part of different agreement. If you notice battery warrabty card it comes with only one year warranty where as same battery is available with 2-4 years after market, the same logic holds for tires... companies save cost by not entering into a deal which provides WFS warranties. Still manufacturing defectsare covered.
  10. mailmeysrawat

mailmeysrawat Timido

Faridabad
    So if what you say is true, don't u think the customer is being fooled. If the products are same that are available in the market the same warranty should be provided on the products. If the two companies are being mutually benefited it should not be at cost of the customer. Should it be??