1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upsize Pics

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by extr3mex, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Puntom your car looks amazing with those original alloys. I dont believe this is 1.2 Punto. One question for you. Is there any problem in pick up or the mileage of the car?

No doubt the ride quality is improved a lot. Looks amazing.
  2. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    @kedarbendre, Thankyou very much.
    To be frank I have noticed no change in the pickup or mileage. the 1.2 was slow compard to its competitors and its remained the same.
    Infact after the change, the avg mileage reading on the MID has increased by decimal numbers for the same daily commute to the office.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I have 1.2 Punto. How much mileage you are getting after putting these alloys & how much mileage you were getting before these alloys?
  4. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    ^^^ I used to get an avg of around 12-12.5kmpl in Bangalore city peak hour traffic with my old tyres
    Now I get an avg of around 13-13.5kmpl in the same traffic conditions.

Both these are figures shown on the MID. I've not calculated manually.

My AC usage is intermittent. The least avg mileage I've got till now is 11kmpl on the MID. This is with the AC full time on in Summer

Last week I went on a long drive to Mysore(300kms up and down) and it showed 14.5 kmpl on the MID with full time AC.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Puntom

Yeah I am also getting mileage of 13-14kmpl in city with stock tyres.

Can someone please let me know what is price of 15" 195 Profile typres for Punto. Which brand should I select. BTW I liked the design of Puntom's tyres, is it possible to get same tyre design in 195 Profile.
  6. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    I am pasting a link from Team-bhp where a person has put Yokohama ES100(same as mine) but 195/60 R15 for his punto
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...l-punto-tyre-queries-here-20.html#post2293291

He has mentioned 4400 per tyre (in Mumbai in march 2011).
    Just enquire the present rates, which should be around that range.
    My tyres cost me 5000 per tyre (in Bangalore in february 2011).
    This is an unidirectional tyre which can be put only in one direction.
    So if there any wear only on the inside of the tyre, you cannot turn it around like bi-directional tyre.
    But the performance of the tyre in wet conditions is better because of the tread pattern.

I chose ES100 because, for the 205 spec of ES100, there is some kind of reinforcement which makes it a bit stronger. This reinforcement is not there for 195/60 spec of ES100
    You can go for Yokohama ES100 or Yokohama S-drive if you want this tread pattern.
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My Punto 1.2 has 14" tyres. If I upgrade it with 15" OE Alloys then is there any chance to increase in ground clearance of the car.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ohhh that design is called as tread pattern. Puntom what about the car warrenty? Does it get void?
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, By putting 195/65R15 tyres, you can increase the GC.
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    With 195/60 and OE wheels, you can be sure that the warranty will not get void since the Epack version have the same spec tyres.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.