1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade for my GP 1.4 FIRE Dynamic 2009 Model

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Abhijeet Sarkar, Jan 21, 2016.

1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Please check the return policy as well
  2. Abhijeet Sarkar

Abhijeet Sarkar Timido

NCR
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @Pradeepms - Can you share which seller on Paytm shipped it for your order? Secondly, any words around Warranty, now that you have purchased from Paytm?
  3. manjunathkl

manjunathkl Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    @Abhijeet Sarkar Excellent decision on the GC upgrade. I got it done for 2010 linea. The results are amazing. Please read my post: http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/ground-clearence-upgrade-2010-linea.15382/#post-841953171

It is not only the odo meter error, according to my info, if you increase the diameter of the wheel, it will result in slightly poor pick-up. The logic is the engine has to rotate the wheel more to move the same distance as compared to lesser diameter wheel. So, you must compensate the diameter increase with lesser height (aspect ratio) of tyre walls.

I own Linea emotion pk with the same 1.4 Fire with 15" alloys. I will recommend you to go with alloys because, it will not only look nice, but it is lighter. It is more rigid and can improve the ride a little. Also, for tubeless tyres, alloys are the best. Steel wheel can bend and loose air pressure. If vitamin M is the issue, search for OEM alloys on OLX/Quikr/Sulekha you will get a good set of 4 if you are patient.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I got it from SLN/Lambodara tyres from Hyderabad.....
    And regarding warranty, they have mentioned 5yrs manufacturer warranty....
  5. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    If you are sticking with 14 Rims, Then I would recommend you to go with 185/70/R14 ..
  6. Abhijeet Sarkar

Abhijeet Sarkar Timido

NCR
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Folks,

Had placed an Order with Paytm for 185/70R14 Tyres (4Nos.) and this was probably the worst mistake of mine in recent past. The product delivery is well past delivery due date, their customer care is pathetic, they promoted an offer but cashback had discrepancy and much more. The shipment cannot be traced by Paytm themselves. In short, its a NEW LOW for the service industry. I had finally cancelled the Order and awaiting refunds.

Sharing this experience so that it can be helpful for others in making the right decision.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2016 ---
    I will go with Falken Sincera SN835 185/70R14. Checking with Tyre shops after my bad experience with Paytm. Got a quote of INR 3300 per tyre. Rest of adders inclusive.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2016 ---
    Falken is giving unconditional warranty for 2 years and mfg. warranty of 5 years. I guess INR 3300 per tyre (Mfg. Dec'15) is a decent deal, however will check with other shops as well.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    varunrtr likes this.