1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade for my GP 1.4 FIRE Dynamic 2009 Model

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Abhijeet Sarkar, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Abhijeet Sarkar

Abhijeet Sarkar Timido

NCR
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @ shams - Have you got the GC increase kit installed on your GP, as yours is 2010 model ?
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    go with 195/65/15 - My friend bought a first batch 2009 punto diesel with 195/60/R15 alloy(stock).. and while tyre upgrade chose the 195/65 .. and the car is awesome now. it has gained 9mm Gc and looks and drives good.

he had a minor issue with rear bumper scraping the tyre, the Local mechanic took care of it by increasing the clamp distance from the tyre.

One concern may be 195/65/ on R15 Rims might be heavy for the suspension.. Experts comments on the weight factor.
  3. Abhijeet Sarkar

Abhijeet Sarkar Timido

NCR
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @moksh - Can you provide some feedback with Falken tyres ??
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2016 ---
    Hey guys, has anyone bought tyres online through flipkart ? Feedbacks will be appreciated.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  4. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @Abhijeet Sarkar Falken I bought 3 years ago at 4k each tyre from outskirts of mumbai as it was recently launched. Currently available at 2785 at paytm which is outstanding deal. Falken has very nice wet and dry grip.An intresting feature in the tyre called Falken Eye which shows you the wear of the tyre which also tells you that the specific tyre has a problem with alignment or weightage on the wheels. Almost 80 % of Mumbai Tfians are using Falken. I hope this helps you.
  5. Abhijeet Sarkar

Abhijeet Sarkar Timido

NCR
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @moksh - Thanks for the feedback. As I see there are great deals of Flipkart too, but only & big concern buying tyres online is the warranty is not recognized in this case. Secondly, we never know whether the seller will push us tyres with old mfg. date (>6 months). I believe tyres bought within approx 6 months of mfg. date are good.
  6. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Can we know your final decision
  7. Abhijeet Sarkar

Abhijeet Sarkar Timido

NCR
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @moksh - Firstly, am getting the GC Kit installed today to get rid of my major concern of underbody scrapping. Post that, would take a call depending on gap between fender and wheel.
  8. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
  9. Abhijeet Sarkar

Abhijeet Sarkar Timido

NCR
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Got GC kit installed. Am happy that the car behaves the same, dynamics remain same. And yes, goodbye to underbody scrapping....:)
    By General exterior looks, it does not seem much of a change, looks the same, so will stick to 14" stock rims.

@ moksh - No doubt, tyres are steal deal on paytm. Importantly, if I buy through Paytm, what happens if they ship old tyres and what happens to warranty ??
  10. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I ordered from paytm... Got oct-2015 tyres....
    I ordered yoko earth1