1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre upgrade for my Black Beauty 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by manojmvrt, Dec 3, 2014.

1. manojmvrt

manojmvrt Timido

Chennai
    Hello,

I own punto emotion pack MJD 2009 MY which is running on OEM Goodyear R15 tyres and covered 56 K kms:(. I am planning to change the tyres now:)

I have done some search and below are the options currently i am looking

1. Yokohoma C Drive

2. Apollo Accelere

Please suggest which will be best for Punto 1.3 MDJ.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have a look at this thread - http://teamfiat.com/threads/team-fiat-tyre-upgrade-guide.11870/, you will get members preferences.

In above 2, my suggestion, is to pick C-Drive, if you are looking for silent tyre. Life is also good, I have done 46K KMs already, and good for another 5K at-least.
    If you don't have any choice, and want a all-rounder, choose Apollo Accelere. Decent tyre and cheap too.
  3. manojmvrt

manojmvrt Timido

Chennai
    Thank you Ravi. I will prefer C-Drive.
  4. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    You may also have a look at Michelin XM2s. Have been using them for the past five months and i am absolutely delighted with their performance.
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Go for Mich Xm2. Lovely tyres and doing wonderful job on my Punto. I have done close to 12K kms on them and completely satisfied. The ride quality has vastly improved over the stock GT3 also Very less tyre noise. go for it mate!!!
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I recently upgraded to Michelin Primacy 3ST, good tyres, great road grip and silent too.
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Yes no doubt about Primacy 3ST another TFian is already on his 2nd set. first one lasted for 44K Kms. But, I was worried about side walls hence went ahead with XM2. But, it seems like i was worrying unnecessarily!! Next time I might settle down with 3ST though. frankly speaking I found 3ST better than XM2.