1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revantk

Revantk

Navi Mumbai
    Hi,

I am planning to change the tyres for my punto active. After checking with different people i have been suggested to go for either Potenza G3 or My 02. Can anyone suggest which tyres would be the best in terms of performance, comfort and road grip. Price wise there is no much deference as i am getting potenza G3 for 4150 and the MY 02 for 4050. Currently i am having the JK torenedo 165/60 which lasted only for 24K Km. I am planning to get the 185/60 this time.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    correcting the sizes in bold
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As shams corrected, go for 185/70 on 14" rim.
    Lots of tyres in this size, but you already researched, you can any one of them. Potenza is old and trusted. MY 02 is new, but getting better reviews.
  4. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys how is Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max. One of my friends wanna try in his punto.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Will have to check. I dint notice my tyres for stones. But while reading reviews elsewhere i remember reading that they are stone magnets.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

Please do check. Just interested as you had driven on gravel laid roads. Do post that experience as that would help one and all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

They did pick up stones (Small ones) but not anything that was significantly higher than what the other tyres (GY GT3, Conti CPC2)I have used had picked up.

Be warned of the soft sidewalls. There is a greater probability of sidewall punctures. While the car is on an uneven surface, you may think that the tyre has a puncture(Wheel on which most weight of the car rests), but it actually is a sidewall flex.

If you are in Chennai, I would advise you to go for MRF ZLO as they are cheaper and do not do anything worse than the MY 02s.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

I am planning for ZLO only. Also looking out for 16 inch Alloys.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Zsa-Zsa

Zsa-Zsa Timido

Pune, MH
    Friendz,

I am planing for new shoes for my punto emotion this week once I get it back from service center on wednesday. I did go through the forum and thinking of BS MY02. Can you suggest the best place for these in pune and can anybody give me the best price I could get these for four tyres.

I currently have JK Tornado 165/80 on, which lasted for 31K. I had to change these tyres only because of heavy wear (almost the wire is out on one of the tyres) on one side while rest of the tyre has the tread for another 5k at least.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How about Apollo Alnac 4G? Seems a kind of ZLO designed for India.... :)

Looks like Apollo is the OE partner for VW Passat worldwide Source here
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.