1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Thanks for the review. That's a really sweet deal. I might plan a Pune trip & ping you when I am planning to change mine.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I dint use them myself, but read a lot of reviews on these tyres and also the shop keeper told me the same story about them. Lets see how they go for your car. Fingers crossed

To be frank my GT3 dint make so much noise as compared to the GT3 on other linea and punto i have seen.
    However the MY02 are very silent tyres. There is no noise whatsoever even though they grip the road like anything.

The only thing is they say they are sporty tyres, but in real they are comfort tyres and are of flexing nature due to which on high speed curves you feel a bit of body roll similar to how one may feel if he driving with less air pressure. But thats manageable as you get used to it.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Man, this is a mouth watering deal. MY02 would be definitely on top priority when I consider changing my Punto's shoes.
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am too joining the gang to get new shoes for my Linea post upgrade with the GC kit?

Any idea on the current pricing of the following in Chennai?
    1. MRF ZLO 195/60
    2. Bridgestone MY02 195/60
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

Chennai is a bad place to get new tyres or even wheel alignment and balancing when compared to even bangalore.

While I was contemplating between MY02 and CPC2 last week, the former was 5.5k and the latter was 5.8k.

MY02 offers great comfort. I miss them now. :(

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    MRF ZLO will cost 4800-4900 in Chennai.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Update 2: MY02,

These tyres are like leech. They hug the road so tight as if there is no tomorrow :) Braking is so confident on these tyres. Steering feels heavy due to the more grip. There is almost NIL road noise and all i here is now the engine noise.

But the flip side of the coin is the soft side wall. They always keep providing cushion i.e comfort. I tested them today on gravel type road on which tar is yet to be laid. The comfort was so much that the car glided on the road like a boat.
    But many times you are pushing the car hard and you dont need the comfort, but you need lesser body roll or tyre flex. Here the tyres will disappoint you.
    When you go over a speedbreaker - on the GT3 the car dint use to give the additional bounce that these MY02 give. So i am not liking this phenomenon as well.

I surely bet that these tyres will be too good in the rains.
    2 people like this.
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Re: What tyres to buy??

Are you comin back??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Are the MY02 stone magnets? What is your call?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    italia,
    One should be careful during lane cuttings on rumblers*,one will get a feel like have lost the control over steering due to soft side wall.
    Once used to with these tires,comfort all way drive,i too have tested these tires on my recent hyd trip on very bad roads upto 120Kmph.it glides ;)

(*):- rumblers are used to slow down.
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.