1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Though I am off topic from the context of this thread I feel sorry about your plight.
    I think it would be better to take legal action and let the kids and their parents know the seriousness of the issue.
    Being sympathetic will not help them in understanding the trouble they have caused and that would be a learning lesson for them.
    If we let them free just by scolding or beating they will only become more aggressive.
    I seriously feel the new generation kids lack empathy in all means.
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi

Any suggestions guys?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From where did you learn that Michelin wear faster?

Tyre depends on your preference.
    My suggestion would be to go either Michelin XM2 or MRF ZLO. Both are good tyres.
    Or you can look at Bridgestone MY02.
  4. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    @Ravi my relative has a honda city, while he swears by Michelin when it comes to comfort, but did say they are a bit softer and that is a Trade-off when it come to longevity of tyre. My personal experience with Michelin is not with cars but with bikes, i have 18inch Sirac in my bike and i will still stay they wear a bit faster. It could be my perception but currently still edging toward Michelin just because of the excellent comfort they provide. any user experiences on Continental C3 and how are A drives in comparison to Michelin
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Bit faster in bike... man mine lasted in just 8k kms. I'll never go with Michelin for bikes.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Ok here is my report on bridgestone MY02.

Initial impressions are very good. As stated earlier the sidewalls on the Bridgestone are thin, designed for comfort. The tyre compound is very good and grips the road extremely well. These are sporty style comfort tyres and while driving within the city the patched roads and potholes are taken care of very nicely.

The main plus point of these tyres are that they are very easy on the suspensions unlike hard tyres due to which the suspension takes a hit.

But as Ganges and others mentiones due to the softness of the tyres, the high speed curves are not as enjoyable as with a hard tyre like GT3 or maxxis. To counter this Bridgestone has incorporated a technology where the edges of the tyres are straight and not curved due to which the patch area avoids flexing of the tyres on the curve. But still there is a bit of body roll type feeling due to this.

Continental CPC are the tyres with the least life. They hardly last for 25-30k kms. So take care of them.

Michelins have different series of tyres. XM1 was soft and had very less life and prone to cuts. XM1+ was next series with more silicon content and had better life. The latest series XM2 is better and has good balance of life, grip and cost.
    Primacy LC are also known for soft side walls and would give similar experience like MY02.

Edit: forgot to tell you guys the price i bought the MY02 in. Rs.4700 per tyre. A free united colors of benneton watch on purchase of 4 tyres. Free balancing and free alignment. :evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

My experience with A drives is not good on the gripping aspect. It needs to be frequently heated up. It wears well and life is not bad. Tyre noise is audible. I would keep away and not repeat another set.

Mod ravi, your experience of C drives please once again. I am veering towards it. I have another 10K to go.

Abdul
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

MY02 is purely comfort oriented. I kind of miss the comfort after switching to CPC2. The CPC2 s are very silent though, lesser noise than MY02. Grip levels are good but ride is harsh when speeds are low.

@Italia Linea: Is that first hand experience with the CPC2? I paid 5.5k for each MY 02 and no free gifts and WA or WB either. These CPC2 s cost me 5.8k per tyre.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Italia-Linea: Hows the noise from tire compared to stock GT3?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

^^ Much much lesser, , almost zero. This is from my experience of using them for 6k kms and GT3 for 13k kms. Comfort levels are very high but handling goes a notch down!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.