1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3

i have not faced yet any problem.tried till 150Kmph.Braking also good.
  2. adi231189

New Delhi
    Guys need some help, finally i decided to dump my JK's they have run 800KMS Till now, and go for better threads. So i am thinking of going for 185/70 r14 since my priority is to go for better set of tires before any alloy upgrade or rim upgrade to r15. I don't know how much the old tyres with get me, but any way will the above Tyre profile be fine?
    I was first thinking of putting up with JKs but tyre noise and body roll have made me to think about a tyre change.

Currently looking at some of the options that members have gone through themselves

1. Yoko A
    2. Continental Contact3 (hopefully i am naming it right)
    3. MRF ZLO

Michelin i am not too sure about them, they tend to wear a bit faster and currently they may be a bit out of budget. Suggestions please, i have about 2 weeks before i upgrade the tires. Also will the 185/70 look better than JKs since stocks look too skinny on a punto.
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Visited a Bridgestone showroom and these are the prices quoted
    1. Turanza ER300 - 5750
    2. B250 - 5550
    3. Ecopia - 6000

I am for B250, better than my current CPC2 in all departments, anyone has 1st hand experience to compare between these tyres?
  4. shams

shams Esperto

^^ there were some offers going on at Reliance Autozone on tyres last month. not sure if they are still on.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

I have ordered bridgestone MY02 after seeing lots of reviews and taking opinions from people who have used it. The tyres arrived in the shop yesterday. Went to have a look and realized that the side walls are very thin. So but obvious they are comfort and low noise oriented tyres.

Even if the sidewall is thin i havent heard from anyone that these tyres crack. The tread pattern is very sporty and feeling the compound i think they will grip the road very good especially in rains.

But as Ganges said these tyres will take off a bit of fun if you are pushing them over the corners hard. For this one can fill a couple of PSI more.

Lets see how it goes. I will get them fitted today or tommorrow.
    2 people like this.
  6. Linear

Linear Amatore

Congrats! Finally you took the plunge.

Will look forward to a detailed review mate. Eyeing these tyres - maybe early next year or so.
    1 person likes this.
  7. How are Pirelli's( I believe P6 and P7 come in sizes specified for Fiat)??

Does one Italian compliment the other Italian well in all aspects?:)
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

After the vandal attack, had to change all 4 tyres as those imbecile morons punctured the sidewalls. Just changed to CPC2. Initial impressions are that they are stiffer than MY 02. Will comment on comfort and grip after I do atleast 1000kms.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

sorry to know about the vandalization when I read your other post. IIRC you just changed your tyres. Thats a lot of expense in quick succession:( You have tremendous patience to live through that stuff

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ DRIV3R, That's horrific instance of vandalism!! By any chance did you get cover under insurance?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.