1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No problem in handling,im using this profile on my ride.

Yoko AVS DB
  2. hello guys,
    although m not very active on forum but whenever gets free tym logs on to read threads and extremely helpful as i ve learned a lot of things from here.:up
    i ve punto running on 2 different sets of tyres.:) front 2 tyres were changed at 35000 km with Bridgestone POTENZA RE88 and back 2 tyres are stock goodyear GT3. now its time to change the back tyres as they are completely worn out. although bridgestone are good and are comfortable but its soft sidewalls are not to my liking. bridgestone doesn't inspire high speed cornering and thats the only thing holding me back else would have bought another set. been to tyre shops and have got suggestions to use apollo or MRF as they have hard sidewalls and are comfortable:confused:. thought of seeking help from fellow guys. My preference for tyres are as under n in same order...:-
    - Should have harder sidewalls. Good year GT3 were awesome in this.
    - should be comfortable
    - long life
    - budget
    i am extremely confused to what to go for. suggestions please...:)
    car has run 46000km till now and tyre size is 195/60 R15
    also will 2 different sets of tyres cause any problem in long run...??
    Thanks in advace..
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You can't have the cake and eat it too. ;)

Sadly, I cannot think of any tyres in the market that has hard sidewalls and also comfortable enough. You have to compromise on one thing to get the other.
    3 people like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it seems you and me fall in the same category of using different set of tires :D .
    My front is Bridgestone MY-02 and rear Yoko AVS DB.

as per your preference go for AVS DB.
    one question here, are you changing alll the 4 tires in a single go ?
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: What tyres to buy??

@Ganges since you have tried both Bridgestone MY 02 and MRF Zlo tyres also I guess...which one seems better ?

I mean cornering capabilities and grip during sudden brakings ?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    imran,
    MY02 are comfort tires.doesnt gives much confidence in cornering.
    About MRF,vj_v1 have already posted about his views in cornering.
  7. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    Hi Do you had any issues with wire worn out... let me know bcz i had been hearing hearing lot about Michelin tyre worn out earlier than expected life of 40K km...
    I'm looking for My T-jet tyre change by another 1500km/ASAp...
  8. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Do not go by visual appearance alone, if in doubt have the pressure checked with/at a tyre shop or an alignment center which is known in your local area to have accurate gauge(s).

One important thing to remember is that do not get this done after having driven fast or over longish distances (say speeds in excess of 35-40 km/hr & distance of 4-5 kilometers in this case). A hot tire will read different than a cold one.

9. guys if anybody wants to sell the stock punto emotion tires please let me know, I kinda need new tires but under strict budget for now. I will pay 1k more on the whole set of 4 than what dealer offfers.

10. no planning to replace only rear tyres

- - - Merged Post - - -

guys suggestions please... i ve still not decided yet. i might go for harder sidewalls tyres. Bridgestone POTENZA will be fitted at rear and new tyres will be at front. arent there any tyres which are blend of both i.e comfortable as well as to some extent have harder sidewalls
    what are my options now???
    also will there be any probs in using different set of tyres???
    thankx in advance :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.