1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    There are two of them (with in a couple hundred yards). Let me catch their names when I pass them tomorrow. If you're that side sometime, gimme a buzz and we can meet up. My office is right next to the Audi showroom a little ahead on the same road.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Nitin,

I do not have any pictures. So, I will try & explain.

On the side wall of the new tyre, you will find a yellow dot made with paint (Now, I cannot recollect whether it is on both sides. So, check). When the tyre is mounted on the rim, this yellow dot should be on the imaginary line drawn from the wheel center, and which passes through the valve body. As you put it "..... tyre should be mounted in such a way that the yellow dot is placed right where the valve is..."

As I now understand, such fitment will permit wheel balancing with minimum rim weights, and the tyre should give better service in the long term.

Regards
    Johnny
    1 person likes this.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What tyres to buy??

Are he must be referring to something like this
    Samjhdaar log

u9u6yqab.jpg

From the centre to the yellow dot....imagine a straight line and the valve should fall in tht line
    1 person likes this.
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bilkul theek, Jasveen.

Regards
    Johnny
    1 person likes this.
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Has someone tried the below mentioned tyre..(had posted this earlier in one of the threads)

a1.JPG a2.JPG t2.JPG
  6. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    GY Assurance / Assurance Max are reportedly very good tyres.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Yup will defo catch up !!!

I will be there either on the 3rd or 7th. Both days currently booked for the Course, will be choosing one outta 2 !!
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  8. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

I got this filled from Reliance autozone Ambience mall gurgaon. They used a machine to fill the same. I really doubt if normal air can be filled at the pressure mentioned at the door side. As the tire filled with nitrogen is showing 18 PSI when it looks to have full pressure. More comments invited...
  9. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    So after reading up a lot I went ahead and upsized my tyres. The original Bridgestones had done a little over 35K and would've lasted some more. I was, however, looking to change them to get a little more performance out of my tyres.

I narrowed down to the MRF ZLOs. To be honest, I didn't really bother with anything else. I wasn't about to spend Michelin kind of money and having used Goodyears, Bridgestones, and Apollos I wasn't going to go back to them. The ZLOs are absolutely a delight to drive on. BLR guys know the state of our roads, and these tyres are an absolute pleasure to drive with. Small potholes and bumps aren't felt at all. Did a highway run on them and the grip is great. Only fear now is that with the tendency of our fellow citizens to climb up your a** when driving, someone might actually end up doing so! I also had an opportunity to test out their wet condition chops and it was as good as the dry performance.

For anyone who wants to know I upsized from stock Bridgestone 175/75 R14s to 185/70 R14s. Got set of 5 for 20.5K.
  10. BarneyX

BarneyX

Kolkata
    Guys I am contemplating upgrading my stock 165/80 R14 to 195/65 R15. I have gone through this thread extensively, but still have a few questions:
    1. Will there be a problem if I use 195/65 R15 tires instead of 195/60 R15 ones? I can see that my present tyre has a lot of gap in the tyrewell, and the increase of ~6 mm would not harm it in any way.
    2. While lots of TFIans have talked about Michelin, Yokos and ZLOs, I don't see much discussions regarding Bridgestone Turanza ER300. On other worldwide site it has a good reputation for being comfortable and durable. I am not looking for sports performance, so I think this tyre suits my needs. What do you say?
    3. What should be the price of the tyres?
    Any help regarding the above shall be very appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.