1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    4 Yoko C-drives bought by me costed 5.5k each Mobile 369.jpg Mobile 372.jpg
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Linea 1.3
  3. moksh

moksh Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Anyone tried the Pirelli P7 ??

Any feedback ??
  5. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

After driving my Punt's 50K with the company fitted Bridgestone. I was confused between Michi and Yoko. After lot of analysis and thinking to drive on the Delhi roads i decided to go with YOKO C-Drive. As in delhi roads are there but its kind of little bumpy. I got my 4 tyres replaced at Reliance autozone (the guy was quick replaced tires in 40 mins). Now I can really feel the difference in the driving pleasure of YOKO C drive its really silent and comfortable. done 2K with new one happy till now.

I have a qs to the experts: I got my tires filled with Nitrogen, I am not sure if I can get the normal air filled in them now or do I have to go to Nitrogen center everytime?
    Please help. Also, can anybody tell me what should be the air pressure in Yoko Cdrive 185-65-14. what should be the pressure with nitrogen?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    No need for the Nitrogen. Just fill the air from next time. And maintain the recommended air pressure for your car by Fiat. Look at your owner's manual.
  7. khoj

khoj Amatore

Do not want to start an argument here but I think it is unfair to call sidewalls weak in this scenario.

Nikhil, you can top up with normal air if Nitrogen is not available. The pressure in the tires with N2 or otherwise remains as what is given in the label stuck to the driver side door jamb.

Now I have a question for you. This place from where you got N2 do they have a machine or are they filling straight from a cylinder. If it is from the cylinder then please share their location & contact details.

8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

After driving with the MY02 s for almost 7k kms and also driving alternatively the same car with GT3 tyres, my experience is somewhat similar to srida's after he switched to ZLO from GT3.

While cornering, GT3 gives awesome control on the steering whereas the MY02, having a softer sidewall flexes a bit. This is observed when doing sweeping turns at considerable speeds. Likewise, the MY02 beats the GT3 on comfort and tyre noise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i was looking for this comment on TFI :)
    My ride is running with front Bridgestone MY-02 and rear Yoko AVS DB.previously Yoko AVS DB was in front.Yoko has very nice grip than MY-02.As you pointed out on cornering due to soft rubber on side walls on MY-02 ,sometimes we get a feel that it is loosing the grip especially in cornering.
    From my experience i would rate

GT3 > Yoko AVS DB > My-02

Noisy tires :- GT3

Comfort tires :- MY-02,these tires are perfectly made for clean and neat roads,on bad roads these tires doesnt gives any confidence.from my recent trip ,i stopped two to three times on bad patch to check if the tire have got punctured.

Yoko AVS DB is the best in both the department grip and noise levels.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.