1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Two days ago, bought a new set of 4 tires for my Punto.. Its from a Taiwan company I have never heard "Kenda Radial" the price was attractive at Rs4250 a piece(205/55 R15).

1st thing i noticed, its very silent and doesn't make a tuk tuk noise when passing over those small road reflector dividers and performs well in the curves. Went to Munnar yesterday and it was raining. i was happy with the wet grip.

Grip pattern is same as yoko s-drive
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

as of now.. happy with the performance of the tyre.
    6 people like this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Yoko S drives have V threads, completely different from these. These are more like the Apollo accelere's.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    V tread is in yoko ES100... This is very similar to S drives only !!
    waiting for long time review ..these tires normally become noisy after 15k kms...hope for good :)
  4. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    These are Korean/Chineese tyres. Very very long lasting. I had a set of 4 tyres in my ikon earlier which lasted more than 60k kms and had still half life left until i sold the car.

As varun said these become noisy or get hardened after 20k kms.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Just for your reference.

tyres.jpg
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi thomman85 Tire are looking good,please keep us posted on the detailed experience with KEnda.Aren't you are over charged for the cost you paid to fetch Kenda??Are they expensive then Maxxis??Kenda are Chinese make and maxxis are taiwan make.

In 205/55/15 Nankang has come out with a very good model as said by one of my known tire fellow here.Cost is Rs 3800/-pics attached somewhat similar to S-drive.

Which were the other brand you considered before making a plunge into Kenda.I am too looking for an upgrade sooner,this time am gonna try symmetric tread pattern.

Any suggestions fellows for 205/55/r15 except s-drives..

$(KGrHqV,!o0FEF22rOO)BRETJ1it6w~~60_35.JPG
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMO, V tread is what found in yoko ES100 or nankang NS2, etc !! The S drive cannot be called a V pattern :D.
    attaching a pic for reference
    when i was looking for tires when i bought my car in 2011, i was planing to put ES100 , it was killer pattern, the best one you could say, i believe Kiran had those.. I later postponed the plan and thought of getting ES100 tires+ alloy when its due for first tire change.
    es100.jpg

@varoon, The tire you ve posted is Nankang NS2 i think.. here is a pic of the same in 215 section;
    (R)Photo9.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I wish they don't...

- - - Merged Post - - -

went for these as they were the cheapest i could find.. i don't know.. tires may be costlier here.. nangkang costed 4600 and the manfucture date was almost a year ago..so went for kenda.
    None.. infact.. my stock tires became very noisy.. like a booming noise.. Dad's car need new tires.. went in searching for them.. and came across this..
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    These tyres are becoming popular now i too saw a guy fixing KENDA make for his ZEN with new set of alloys, it almost looks like my c-drive Yoko's
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I had ES100 for almost 2yrs & 30k kms. Always admired the looks. Grip levels are of top notch, but very noisy tyres. Had 1 trye burst and another unevenly worn out because of alignment issues. 2 tyres had around 5k kms of life left and the other one around 10k kms while replacing them.

Running now on S-drives since last 4 months. 9k done and no issues so far (not even a puncture, touchwood). Grip levels are more or less similar to ES100. Heard that these become noisy aswell after 10k kms. Yet to experience it. Would definitely last till another 25k kms IMO.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.