1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

ramjn, I was driving out of Apoorva Sangeetha, Greams road and was distracted by an Indicab that was coming close to me, I took my eyes off the LH rvm for a moment and kept moving, brushed against the kerb then. Stupid of me!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Get it checked, if you feel the sidewall is weakened, get it replaced.
    Bad luck.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Where is cut in the picture? all i see is a brushed tire.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sat, it's a sidewall cut not a sidewall puncture.

5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    In the pic posted you can see a portion of the tyre sidewall chipped off.

Damn! That must be a nasty rub against the curb. Please get it checked & replace the tyre if needed.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Where is the cut , i am not able to see any cuts in the picture. I think its just brushed out.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Okay, wrong choice of words I guess. :)
    The tyre is cut sideways, some rubber is off the tyre, the cut is not into the tyre. Sorry for misleading.

8. I did not say it has puncture but all i see brushed tire may be small portion chipped but can't say as picture is not clear.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Please asses the extent of damage to the tyre and replace it if required with the spare until you get hold of new tyre to be in safer side.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sunilraj

sunilraj Timido

Bangalore
    My Punto MJD Emotion has Bridgestone tyres 175/70 R14, had done 25K, no signs of any ware on the thread. I want to upgrade to alloys and bigger size, so I have few question thought I get some feedback.

1. What tyre size: There is this magic number 3% of stock size why is that. The 75PS MJD E Pack has 195/60 R15, which is approx 3% taller compared to one I have. And I see that people have upgraded this to 65 profile and some even went R16 way with 205 section. There will an error on intruments! Obviouly, but is it a worrying factor? The real worry should be what is effect of engine performance? Considering the fact the gears are tid shorter (higer gear ratios), how much allowance can we make so that there is small impact on all terrain (uphill) performance.

2. Considering these facts, can we go with 205/60/R16 which is 1" taller that my stock size ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.