1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

2. Expected life is something no one can comment about. Way too many variables. Keep driving only on highways at a sedate speed and you can extend your tire life a LOT. I've personally witnessed Fortuner's Dunlops lasting 1 Lakh km's - that car was driven 90% on highways.

Too many variables.

3. The number of punctures you will suffer is already written on your palm / forehead :evilsmile. Really, who knows when the tire will get punctured. I had a puncture on brand new Apollo Aceleres - so who knows!

1 person likes this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3

Can somebody beat this irony - Couple of years back, I changed all 4 tyres on my previous car and drove from the tyre shop to my home (less than 10 kms on butter smooth roads). After parking the car, I was irritated to the core to see rear right wheel punctured :A I hadnt even received the credit card swipe msg on my cell for the new tyres and I ended up with a puncture :evilsmile After that I have been still using those set of tyres for 2 years + & 12,000 + kms without a single puncture on any of the tyres. The same tyres which irritated me on the day of purchase itself has been total peace of mind after that incident. Btw, those tyres are BS Turanza.

As Gurjinder paaji said - "The number of punctures you will suffer is already written on your palm / forehead" :D
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.

3. XM2 is available in 15inch size,but not the oem spec..
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

So my ordeal with ZLO finally ended today. After a lot of searching, got the tyres I've been looking for, Yokohama AVS DB (Decibel). Shifted from stock 195/60 R15 size to 205/60 R15. Thou ZLOs were simply fantastic when it comes to grip and comfort but the annoying sound those were creating was now too much for me to handle. So search began for a performance cum silent tyre, a tyre which can give me best of both worlds. After reading loads of reviews from actual users, went with Yokohama Decibel. Got a set of 4 for Rs 23000/-, actual price came to Rs 26000, out of which dealer gave me Rs 3000 for the humble ZLOs. They ran for 27000kms and could easily do some 3k-4k kms more.
    Now its just tooooo early to comment on anything but the first thing I noticed is the super silent and comfortable ride. These swallowing potholes and unevenness even better than the earlier MRF ZLOs, thanks to added profile and the tyre itself. Also now my raised Punto is looking a lil better with this size lol. A review will come up once tyres complete some 500kms.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

You can surely go for it. One of my frnd using same profile and hes facing no problem. It will give you the maximum cushion on broken roads. Thou odo error will be there but then its quite negligible, just educate yourself about the percentage of error this size will pose and you have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

1 person likes this.
  7. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Went on a loong drive today, Chandigarh to Delhi and back to chandigarh, I think I can comment now. These tires are really silent and comfy. Found grip levels same as earlier MRF ZLOs which were just too good. Thou coud't comment on wet grip right now as I hav't encountered any wet surface but dry grip is fantastic. This Yoko AVS DB is too good. Car is feeling less strained now even when there is added rubber. Plus my raised stance of Punto got neutralized a lot with the added profile.

1 person likes this.
  8. BarneyX

I ran down through this entire thread in 2 hours flat...:p However, Im still stuck on my upgrade decision. My stock JK Tornadoes have become near silky smooth on the surface :-D after 25000 Kms which ranged from Kedarnath in the north to Bhutan in the east... Now my GP MJD Emotion seriously needs new shoes.
    After all your comments and views, I think I would safely but 15" Alloys and go for either 195/60 R15 or 195/65 R15. My primary requirements are slo-mo city driving (Kolkata's roads are a nightmare) and very long (>3000 Km) outstation trips with good and bad highways, hill driving etc. Dry/Wet grip and comfort is paramount, while noise on the lesser side would be desirable.
    I am torn between the Conti CPC2, Bridgestone Turanza, Bridgestone Potenza, Yokohoma C Drives and some newly heard and thought of the MRF ZLOs.
    As I am changing all the tyres together and would look at it as a good investment, budget is not a very big factor here. I would be grateful to all the 'espertos' here for your advice. Cheers! :)
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

Got a sidewall cut on the MY02 today, entirely my fault. Ouch! uploadfromtaptalk1363926209248.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    ^^ Thats bad. What happened actually?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.