1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teky

teky Esperto

I've done around 11K post my tire change and haven't had any issues with the so called softer sidewalls. I'm majorly satisfied with PLC's except that the grip levels don't match GT3, although only slightly. I've taken lots of bad roads and have had only 1 puncture compared to lot many in my GT3, may be pure luck.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Teky try going for 33PSI and let us know your feedback.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

These punctures and sidewall tear are as much a factor of luck as ones driving skills .
    I've had B250 earlier and almost all my trips with that yielded at least 1 puncture . By the time i sold it almost all 5 tyres had multiple punctures.
    Currently I'm on Maxxis and many told me that they have never heard this brand's existence and its not good brand at all.
    Surprising i've done nearly 10,000 on this already and not a single puncture (at least 3000 of it is on highway and bad roads).

Verdict : Keep "Ganesha" on the dashboard, light incense sticks before you take off and hope for the best :)
    2 people like this.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Mother ( FIAT ) knows best of its child (Punto, Linea ). The tyres that they shod on their cars are very inspiring and begins the addiction to its dynamics and braking. I am not implying that there are nothing better but for the price and whats on offer in the OE segment in our country they have done a good job.

I feel that those who are on the verge of replacing the tyres, make full use of these threads on tyres, understand well and make the change because, many would not go past the second set before they change their cars. So the second set is most important to continue their enjoyment seamlessly. NO point making a wrong decision and living with it for 40K kms like how I am going through on the A drives. I have to drive another 12K to eject the pain I am living with.

4 people like this.
  5. has anyone tried Micheline XM2 - 195/65/R15 (i know its a bit different size)

Question 1 - Can we use this size - I have good experience of XM with regards to grip & tread life in my other car
    Question 2 - Expected life from Primarly LC (195/60/R15) my XM has done 55,000 kms and i will stretch about 5000 kms more, can I expect same with PLC
    Question 3 - My GT3 gets one or two puntures every month, is it same for you all or is it a special gift that goodyear has offered me.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Is your Linea one with the raised GC? If yes, then 65 profile wouldn't be a worry for sure.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Main question is that whether the michelins XM2 are available in that size. If yes go for it. I think they are never made in that size at all.
  8. Yes Paaji I have 2012 model. @Italia-Linea yes the size is available, have seen in Octavia

Any answer for my other 2 questions !
  9. XM2 is not available in 15",go for PLC it is the newer product.Unless it is going to be driven in bad/poor roads it should last longer.
    When I brought my PLC there was a Safari or Scorpio guy used it until 70 K kms and had come for change with same type tire.
  10. I also believed so but I have seen the tyres myself so have to believe, also UV tyres generally serve better. Bridgestome Duller is said to serve 80K+ kms. Anyone who has lived the PLCs full life ? Please share.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.