1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Thanks Linear. I read that. and that feedback is definitely a contributor to zeroing down to My-02.

I am looking for any issues reported so far.. understand its quite a new Tyre.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. sudhakar

sudhakar

Ghaziabad
    Hi SHASHANKREDDY, Good choice, even i am looking for tyre change and have some query.

1. From where you source the Linea RIM, Are they new one.
    2. You just change 4 tyre, that means the stepney is of 165/80 14 profile. Is it fine to use it?

Thanks,
    Sudhakar
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sudhakar.. i got them from Concorde - Bangalore as Hyderabad dealers doesnt have stock. Yes they are brand new.
    I have sourced just 4 tyres. I will be sourcing another one in a month or two.
    You can use stepney for temporary use as there is no much difference in height with 165/80 R14 and 195/60 R15.
    Absolutely no difference in power and mileage. Grip is excellent on 195/60 profile.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  5. I found by filling 33 PSI, PLC handles as good as GT3, I have covered 7k kms so far, absolutely love the tires, I used to get deaf with road noise of GT3 now, i am driving or having nirvana in my car it self.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    36/33 is anyway the recommended pressure for 205/55/16 on normal load ie front 2 passengers.

However I prefer to run 35/32 as i find that more comfortable and fuel efficient. but i dont think tire pressure is brand specific. its rather car, load and road specific.
  7. Agree sir, btw how many miles your tire has run? can you post some pics of it?

I always keep telling my wife when ever she appriciates how car glides over pot holes I was TOLD to go for michilin by Dj and he is right,we are all like family here and it is like one member telling other in the family on what to buy.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Where is such a thing specified.. I'm interested because I'm running on 205/55/15 and i keep 30-31psi on all wheels..
    IF mine is wrong can you please suggest the ideal pressure for that size
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I just drove a linea fitted with Bridgestone MY02 and man its an awesome tyre. No worries of side wall cuts too, no flex thick sidewall
    4 people like this.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I'm humbled buddy. And glad you made the right choice. I've run 14.5k as on date.. Will post pics over the weekend.

Two places. One in the owner manual. Two, driver side door sticker on bottom left as soon as you open the door.

These are recommended figures. It's actually more a trial and error keeping the factors I mentioned on mind. But 30-31 is definitely on the lower side i feel.

I've heard many good things about these tires. How much do they cost?

-------
    Sent from my Motorola Defy+ MB526 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.