1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

On my recent trip to hyderabad I purchased set of 4 Maxxis tyres with "V"pattern grip & multi PCD alloys (98/100) from the same shop- Handsome brand.

My car has completed 28000 kms now so waiting for the 30k service after which I will install these tyres ( I m worried that the SC guys may not honour warranties during the 30 k service so just playing it safe). The total cost was Rs 34000/- and the tyre size is 205/55/15

Anup
  2. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Completed 1000Kms with this set of tires and 16" alloys from O.Z racing. The steering response has increased. Steering feels a bit lighter than stock setup. Very good grip on wet surfaces as well.

Compeleted first free service as well. Vehicle has mellowed down a bit. Engine noise is less and more smooth. Engine has become more free reving now.
    Got wiper blade replaced under warranty. Wiper was making noise earlier.
    Had problem with fuel flap closing. Got it re-alligned
    There was intermittent noise from the front right wheel area. This noise used to be heard only on un even road surfaces. I dreaded if it was bcoz of my new 16" alloys. Problem was with the engine guard becoming loose at one area. fixed at 1st service.

Overall happy with the service. Left the vehicle for service at 10 at KHT motors, whitefield. Service advisor took 10 mins to attend. (Got very good). Time to attend clients needs to be improved. Collected the vehicle back at 5.30 on the same day. Total cost of service Rs.105
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Anybody using Continental CPC2 tyre (195/60)?
  4. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

Says Who ??
    I have C-drive andi think they are much better in wet conditions when related to traction and everything
    also the handling and the Cabin noise has gone down since i upsized

They also have another variant of C-Drive 's (Cdrive 2) which are seemigly good if any worse than Michelin's pilot sport 3(new tyre)

Read more Cdrive : URL :http://tinyurl.com/yokCdrive
    Also New Cdrive 2 Below : Check URL : http://tinyurl.com/Cdrive2

[attachment=0:9kbihk2h]Yokohama%20Racing.png[/attachment:9kbihk2h]

Regards
    TND

Yokohama%20Racing.png
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

What is the price of yoko C-drive?
    The price for Conti CPC2 (195/60 15") is quoted to me ~ 4750 in Bangalore, is it right?
  6. Re: Replacement of stock TYRES for the PUNTO

C -drive back in July was quoted for 3800/- per tyre
    For Current prices & quotes with ReputedTyre Dealer would be helpful in verifying costs
    TYREX(premium dealers for Michelin's) and VFM contact (Vicky) : 09820696969

TND
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

C-Drive in Bangalore costs Rs 4400 per tyre.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I have just compiled the different parameters from Yokohama site for quick reference. Jiji uses AVS which is supposed to be the better ones as far as braking is concerned, but he doesn't seem to be happy, may be compared to his previous stock tires. If their site is to be believed I feel C Drive and AVS are comparable in the braking department.

[attachment=0:1duckl0y]Yoko.JPG[/attachment:1duckl0y]

Yoko.JPG
  9. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    tyre upgradation

can i upgrade my current wheels to that of ep i.e 195/60 r 15. Would there be any problem? And which tyre is advisable?
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

For 15", you need to upgrade wheel as well, check this thread - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=159

For tyres, go through previous pages.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.