1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea,

Check out Bridgestone Potenza, it might satisfy your needs.

-Sat
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

You summed it up very neatly. End of the day the bulge in the pocket meets or busts our desires. It is a trade off between what you need, what is available and what you can afford.. The manufacturer of the car kind of gives you a middle of the range equipment. @royj had also mentioned similarly in the middle of this thread

Abdul
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

I have Bridgestone MY 02s on my 90HP and the tyres are awesome with regards to road noise, grip and comfort. I have done 5k kms with it.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  5. How much did they cost ? and Where did you buy them ?
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Wow i just finalised on MY02 and here goes your post. So tell us more about these tyres in detail. ER60 have been stopped and MY02 is the latest ones from them and better engineered.

Can you please give detailed review.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To some extent I feel Bridgestones are under rated tyres. I am using ER60s in my other car and it has done around 15k kms. They are really good in terms of comfort, good wet grip and not a bad handler too. The tyres looks so damn fresh even after 15k kms unlike GT3s on Punto which is @ 10k kms old. So MY 02 being a improved version of ERs should be even better. One of the multi Tyre clinic fellow also spoke high about MY 02.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  9. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Wow, thanks. I thought my post went unnoticed amidst the Michelin debate.

I am also about to zero-in on them, though I still have some time to change my tyres.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: What tyres to buy??

I drove straight from the showroom to the tyre store and got the GT3s out, as I already have a not so good time with them on the 75HP for 12k kms.

I traded for MY 02s with my 90 kms run GT3s. I exchanged all five tyres, had to pay 8k extra.

This was done at Tyre Centre, Salem, Srida.

I would get you guys the exact cost per tyre after I get back home. Size is 195/60 R15. Anyone in Chennai can have a look if you want.

I felt the ride quality to be much better, the tyre noise is near zero, and the comfort also is great. I dont think the sidewalls are flimsy as well. I drove on the river beds of kalahasthi and the tyres are still intact. Touchwood. The tyres are not made in India but Taiwan. And the tread pattern looks great.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.