1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The GT3 are good tyres. But after the while they loose composure and start wobbling etc. They grip good in dry and wet. But are un-predictable after usage of 20k kms.
  2. Exactly. Al these days My Punto was ruling the highways and for the next 40 K KMS I dont think I can enjoy this in my Punto.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I think it is worth taking a risk on GT3 whose performance is proven and is widely used on most cars in the country. A few cases of problems are the ones we hear of. If it lasts its due course, we cant say we are lucky, but we can consider ourselves unlucky if it packs up early. So there is an element of good character built in but failures do happen in all products. Pls dont see me as batting for GT3. It is better than buying a tyre which boasts something but have generic issues and not suitable for Punto type of handling cars, for eg, the ZLO of srida and the A drive that I have.

Abdul
  4. Why you guys aren't considering Michilin PLC/XM2? with 33 PSI it matches GT3 in cornering and grip ride comfort noise it beat GT3 hands down.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    PLC over-rated and costly. Also many complaints of side walls cut. XM2 not available in our sizes.
  6. Soft sidewalls are in XM1 series. In XM2 , I feel the side wall is not so soft. I am currently running XM2.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
  8. @Italia-Linea,

What makes you say PLC is over rated ?? I am surprised by your statement.
    I have been driving last 6 K kms with it, grip is superior to GT3,Yokohama and even bridge stone. Side walls are not too soft but over all tire it self is soft.best thing about PLC is breaking performance it will add on to FIAT's capability by reducing few meters from the distance to stop.

Now when I replace the tires for my Zen , i will be going for Michilin only nothing else will do.
    I am not saying GT3,Yokohama or Bridgestone is bad but they don't tick the check boxes like what PLC does.Credit needs to be given where it is due , I haven't tried Continental or Pirelli but other than those I rate Michelin top of the group.

I hated this tire initially until i brought a tire gauze and started filling air myself(33 PSI), I have taken my car at speeds excess of XXX car was stable.with GT3 it used to become little bouncy.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    PLC is costly, but not over-rated. They are supreme comfortable tyres.
    But, as with any comfortable tyres, side wall will be little soft.

Same as C-Drive, but this side wall is also more of rumor, I have driven my C-Drive on all sorts of possible bad road you can think of (but not for off-roading).
  10. Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.