1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I didn't know that you changed to ZLO. Do you mean to say that the Wet/Dry grip is better in GT3 than ZLO?

Another great fan of GT3, linealover started to curse the GT3 after driving couple of thousands of Kms with the C-Drive. :)
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with Ravi & Srida here. GT3 are one of the best factory fitted tyres you can get. Dont bother to change unless you are particular brand freak.

@srida, somehow my thinking is also aligned with yours in terms of GT3 life. I have done @ 9k with it and extremely satisfied with the performance. But seeing the tyre condition, little apprehenisve about its durability for beyond 35-40k kms. I follow wheel rotation and alignment every 5k kms. Though I did not face any pulling issues, I curse myself for not getting alignment checked at a Tyre professional shop immediately after delivery. Did it after driving for about 4k kms and found settings were slightly distorted
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Given Indian road conditions, 35-40K is a good life for any tyre. If a tyre lasts more than that, it either runs on butter smooth roads all the time or has magic in it.
  4. I am still not able to figure out if the Grip or the spongy feel make me lose confidence on the corners. Even today I tried a tight corner. The car felt like it is driven on a cushion, immeditly I was forced to slow down. I dont know how to explain it with a term like bodyroll , bad grip or what ever. I am going to trichy tonight, the NH which is a very good for corners. I will try that and comment in detail.
  5. Re: What tyres to buy??

Got a first multiple sidewall cut on my apollo accelere during my ongoing roaf trip, stopped by jabalpur apollo suppliers, they are trying for warranty replacement..
    Even if it doesnt work out will go for apollo s again.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. hssm

hssm

bangalore
    I just want tyres which are safe, less noisy and reliable. As it is new car, I can change them when I have chance for better. But still I donno what to do.

Can anyone please let me know the best place for Tyre Care in Bangalore, I would also like to get the alignment checked. What is the good tyre pressure for Emotion??
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hssm, most comfortable and silent tyre will be Michelin PLC. Or you can try C Drive.

Lots of shop in Bangalore, some famous shops are Madhus, Iyengar etc.

Recommended pressure is 32 PSI,, but one can put little more or less, based on personal comfort.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    This is just my opinion so don't tread on me. I believe GT3 are the worst tyres, noisy and even worse with the new stiffer suspension.
    After 10k KMs, I am planning to change to Michellin Primacy as I just cant take it anymore. If you swap at delivery, you save a lot of money. I'd say, go for it.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is exactly what linealover is also saying after driving with C drives. :)
  10. hssm

hssm

bangalore
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.