1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tyre Upgrade - Discussion

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Andy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey Khoj, tell us more about this. Is this recommendation based on your personal experience ??
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

Thanks a lot. My immediate search suggests that these are good tyres. Even the australian champion was this tyre

Attached Files:

3. hssm

hssm

bangalore
    Hi,

Will be getting my MJD Emotion in coming week or so. In showroom I have seen the the displayed Emotion with Apollo tyres, not sure what will come with my car. Anyways I was thinking of exchanging the tyres with Michelin tyres.

Please let me know if it makes sense, or there are better options.

thanks,
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  4. You will most probably be getting apollos with the car.And i would suggest you to stay with the apollos as they are very good VFM tyres.

Mich xm2 is a very very good option,but it is not available in oem specs as in emotion mjd.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    They're okay tyres. No issues as such. The only gripe with them is that they are noisy tyres. Michelin will have the Primacy LC in this size and that is a ridiculously priced tyre, in my opinion. But the guys who are using them have nothing but the best to say of them, so you can take a look there if you want a comfort/quiet tyre..

Cheers.
  6. Re: What tyres to buy??

I dont find apollos ti be much noisy, maybe that is just me or maybe due to damping done on the doors...
    But today I got my first puncture removed while getting the wheel rotation and balancing done..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I have Apollos on my ride and they are noisy for sure (not an issue for me) but with all windows up and some music its not noticable :)
    Apollos have tougher rubber and can sustain bad roads very well, i have experience very good grip and drivability with Apollo Accellaras.
    My suggestion you could stick to them as your first tires unless you are very concerned about the tyre noise!!
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  8. hssm

hssm

bangalore
    Did d PDI today, tyres from Goodyear GT3..are these good?

Will post the pics soon.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GT3 tyres are good tyres and so many members are happy with it. No need to change, unless you have specific requirement.
    However better tyres are available in market. If you can afford, buy either Yoko C Drive, or Michelin PLC.
  10. dont give up GT3. I repent my decision for changing from GT3. That dosent mean I am sad with MRF ZLO. GT3 serves the real purpose of a punto with that amazing grip and stiff sidewall design. Noise and lesser life (in my case) were the only reason to give up GT3. For 35K on GT3 I compromised the noise for the excelent handling capabilities of GT3, I should have done the same for the next 35K too. If you are not such a spirited driver and wish to enjoy the drive without any noise sell the stock Gt3 and go for a better rubber. If you want to explore the extream capabilities of the car and dosent mind the noise and life of the tyre, stick to Gt3.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.